Business Systems Owner
Research & Development / Information Services
£35,000 - £44,000 per annum
We are looking to recruit a Business Systems Manager reporting to our Data and Systems Manager. At WALTHAM, the global research centre for Mars Petcare, and across our network of product testing centres, we generate a wide range of data from our operational and research activities. Our high-quality data allows us to generate new insights into pet health and nutrition, and to make better strategic business decisions.
The Business Systems Manager will have an important role delivering a programme of change with our IT partners and internal stakeholders that will transform our systems landscape and provide an infrastructure that supports our Petcare Purpose to create: a Better World for Pets by extending global leadership in nutrition, health and services powered by data.
What You’ll Do
• Own multiple strategic systems that support our product testing and fundamental science with a deep understanding of each solution at the data, technical and business process levels.
• Drive analysis activities to define both operational and strategic requirements by working with a range of stakeholders. Work with IT partners to identify and scope suitable solutions, ensuring that data standards are maintained and integration requirements are clearly defined.
• Project management - deliver complex systems projects with budgets up to $500k including business change management.
• Define systems’ ownership and support models and contribute to support activities where necessary.
• As the data lake lead, ensure data quality and availability, maintaining data dictionaries for operational systems and managing data requests from data scientists, researchers and operational team..
What You’ll Need
• Educated to degree level in an IT subject.
• Comprehensive understanding of modern enterprise IT systems practices, especially systems integration, micro-services, data management, data lakes and the principles of data science.
• Strong understanding of systems lifecycle management principles and practice.
• Strong understanding of relational database manipulation and interrogation.
• Qualifications for project management, relational database systems, data management and business analysis are desirable.
• Work with operational and data customers to ensure that your systems meets their needs. Be the primary point of contact for our IT partners, representing our needs and priorities at an operational level.
• Ensure that all aspects of owning business systems (e.g. organisation, security, support, business continuity, training etc.) are fully covered.
• Deliver the business change aspects of systems projects – ensuring effective stakeholder management and process transformation.
• Work across multiple technologies (Azure Data Lake, relational databases, APIs, bespoke systems) and bring them together in a cohesive way, including applying best practice in system integration and data pipelines.
What We Can Offer You
• Competitive Salary & Benefits
• Flexible Working
• A focus on personal development and opportunity to grow in this role and future roles at Mars.
We know it’s important to you to find out as much about us as possible, so following a review of your CV the first stage will be a telephone interview with the hiring manager and a chance for you to ask lots of questions. If successful you will be invited to an interview day in front of our panel. Don’t worry you’ll have plenty of time to prepare.
To open up a dialogue, please click on the APPLY button below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Segment: Data Management, Database, Business Analyst, Project Manager, Change Management, Data, Technology, Management