Location: Slough, England
Mars has defined a bold initiative to create the Finance of Tomorrow, taking the opportunity to be architects of value creation enabled by agile digital-centric Service & Finance associates. To do this, we will transform both how we operate and where we add value across the domains of FP&A, Controllership, Tax & Benefits and Finance Operations. Technology, Data, Automation and Analytics underpin every aspect of this transformation.
What you’ll do
Keeping the data flowing and readily available to solve problems that need immediate solutions is core to what you’ll do. Your passion for big data challenges around innovation, emerging technologies and legacy environments drives your desire to design and implement next-gen solutions to traditional business challenges. You’re ready to step up and take charge of developing data-driven processes that improve the functionality of your stakeholders and result in leaner operations, processes and profitability.
Some of your day-to-day work will include, but won’t be limited to:
· Developing well-designed modular code that’s usable and easily maintained
· Creating proprietary internal libraries of shareable functions to establish a standardization for engineering work
· Engineering data-centric solutions from scratch through the incorporation of ongoing emerging technologies
· Working with an untamed data lake and turning into highly functional, pristine data sources
· Supporting the big data strategies of your stakeholders through self-service analytics, real-time decision engines and AI/ML advances
· Staying abreast of emerging technologies, architecture patterns, programming languages and ML algorithms and assuming the mentorship and training of other team members
· Collecting functional and non-functional client requirements while monitoring technical environments, business constraints and enterprise requirements
You’ll be challenged to think about the global business picture and making sure your solutions address specific business challenges world-wide. On top of that, you’ll work closely with other Digital Technologies capabilities to ensure the successful integration of historical data into our future success.
What you’ll need
· Minimum 3 years of experience preferred within a Big Data Azure environment
· Experience working with divergent data sets that meet the requirements of the Data Science and Data Analytics teams
· Hands-on experience with data modelling, query techniques and complexity analysis
· Experience with cloud, container and micro service infrastructures
· Technical expertise with emerging Big Data technologies, such as: Python, Scala, Spark, Hadoop, Clojure, Git, Flink, Elasticsearch, SQL, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, and DNB (databricks); visualization tools: Tableau and PowerBI
· Experience with or exposure to the FMCG/CPG industry
· A good understanding of and adherence to data security standards
· A Bachelors in Computer Sciences or similar disciplines
This is an exciting time at Mars. We're using digital, data and user insights to transform our business by finding answers to problems that we've often never asked ourselves before. From joining the dots to improve our data ecosystem, to streamlining the efficiency and automation of our supply chain, finance & quality operations, we're already seeing some brilliant results. In fact, we've built so much momentum that we're now looking for industry leaders in Business Translation, Data Science and Data Engineering with different and complementary skills to influence how we operate and grow beyond anything we've achieved before. Join us, and discover a company set up to develop your capabilities and ambitions and a group of colleagues ready to support and inspire you. Working together, we'll create a better world for our planet, our communities and our pets.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Database, Financial, Engineer, SQL, Technology, Finance, Engineering