A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there's more to being in business than just making a profit. That's the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it's never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It's about how you can grab everything that's within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It's about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we'll all be a little better off. It's that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world's best-loved brands: M&M's®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN'S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
In order to support the $70m ambition, IT OPS needs to leverage new technologies to drive both customer experience and efficiency so that our business could do their best. The role is focus on introducing one or more specific new technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Automation, Robotic, etc. to not only IT OPS but the whole organization by partnering with other MGS teams.
• Develop digital solutions based on customer needs, demand form customer experience team, derived from observational research of customer driven data and insights
• Partner with other customer experience teams and service operation teams to identify opportunities driving customer satisfaction and efficiency
• Use Agile methodology to manage every release at the beginning of every Release; inspect the product progress at the end of every sprint or release boundary and has complete authority to accept or reject work done
• Communicate to key stakeholders for new changes and technologies, partner with Customer Experience team to communicate news to the customers
• As digital product owners, accountable for digital products life-cycle management including availability management, performance management and capacity management.
• As SME to collaborate with other MGS teams eg. Digital Business, DWP, Next-Gen Technology, Automation Open Hub, BSM teams, IT OPS teams, etc. to deliver the result.
• Coordinate and implement training programs to ensure product adoption for both service teams, partner with CX leads to build and drive adoption campaigns for the Customers
• Work with Service Operation terms for business change management and release management
• Play an active role in keeping teams catch the industry or cross-industry new solutions. Building a broad technical network outside of Mars using various forum groups and interacting with fellow architects and developers on the best practice solutions.
• Manage 3rd party vendors to implement projects
Context and Scope
EVALUATE OPPORTUNITIES – Identify and develop game changing business opportunities with significant impacts on the direction of Digitalization Services to achieve better customer experience, efficiency and financial results.
ENABLE DIGITAL CAPABILITIES – Develop and deploy highly innovative solutions within multiple technologies, theories and/or techniques that impact IT OPS Digital strategy. Primary amongst these are Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing/Generation.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Segment: Outside Sales, Performance Management, Change Management, Sales, Human Resources, Management