Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
Skills and Knowledge unique to this position
· Beauty Therapy Qualification Level 3 and above
· Qualified in Massage, facials, body treatments, waxing & nails
As a therapist for the W London Leicester Square Hotel we work as a team to keep the highest standards of the AWAY Spa and FIT gym.
As a therapist your priority is to offer memorable experiences to guests, be knowledgeable of treatments and products offered. Our aim is to be friendly warm and professional to all our guests, and to go above and beyond expectations.
Other duties include reception cover, general maintenance cleaning of spa and FIT gym in order to keep the highest of standards. Meeting and greeting guests and ensuring that exciting memories are being built and making our entire guest visit a Wow Moment for them to remember.
An ability to communicate to all guests and talent alike, with an open mind. Always recognizing and fulfilling the whatever /whenever service.
W is all about creating a memorable experience, and we encourage all of our talent to be creative and go the extra mile for our guests and to think outside the box.
· Operation : To maintain a high standard of hygiene within the spa area.
· Operation : To complete the daily checklist when opening and closing the spa.
· Operation : Delivering all treatments at a professional standard as per Away Spa journey
· Operation : Promoting the sale of beauty products in conjunction with beauty treatments.
· Operation : To take responsibility of stock control and usage.
· Operation : Carrying out treatments indoor and outdoor for the Spa.
· Operation : To be aware of the guest’s needs and requirements.
· Operation : To be aware of all the services provided and offered, both in the Spa, wet area and FIT facilities and of any promotions on offer at the time.
· Operation : To participate in any training as required.
· Operation : To take responsibility of the treatment rooms and stock handling.
· Operation : To be able to handle guest complaints in a professional manner if required, reporting any incidents to the Spa Manager.
· Operation : To have understanding of all the treatments on offer, and product knowledge.
· Operation : To assist in the helping of others as part of a team.
· Operation : To have knowledge and understanding in the operation of the Spa, wet area and FIT facilities.
· Operation : To perform any other duties required deemed reasonable by the management.
· Operation: Follow opening and closing procedures of Away Spa Reception as per How It’s Done.
· Operation : Understand basic math and money handling skills
· Operation : Have excellent listening and communications skills
· Operation : Responsible for cash / float and daily takings
· Operation : To complete administration work accurate and efficiently
· Operation : Greeting and interacting with the guests
· Operation : Responsible for maintaining display of the retail area
· Operation : Carry out accurate inventory when required
· Operation : Booking treatments, actively up selling and promoting the Spa, treatments, services and retail as well as promotions and discounts.
· Operation: Accurately book, change, confirm and cancel treatment appointments.
· Operation : To be aware of the guest’s needs and requirements and to be able to offer alternatives
· Operation : To identify and report hazards and maintenance requirements in the work place immediately, report to the Spa Manager.
· Operation : To help control operating costs within the department.
· Operation : To contribute towards reaching departmental budgets.
· Operation : Meeting treatment and retail targets set by the Spa Manager.
· Operation : To actively promote treatments and products through promotional activities and monthly promotions.
· Operation : To check your area on a daily basis. To make sure that it is safe, clean and fit for guests use.
· Operation : To attend daily and weekly and monthly briefings/meetings.
· Operation : Set up of spa lockers as per HID.
· Operation : To ensure all amenities or fully stocked and to inform Spa Manager when we are running out in advance.
· Operation : To escort guests from the reception to the spa changing area/lockers.
· Operation : Provide guest orientation tours explaining the Spa facilities and treatments
· Operation : To ensure the follow up of engineering and maintenance works required in the Spa by liaising with the engineering department
· Operation : Store rooms and pantry are kept tidy and neat at all times.
· Operation : To report when stock levels are running low before they have run out.
· Operation : To be fully aware and work in accordance with the HID, normal operating procedures and Emergency action plan for your AWAY Spa department.
· Operation : To comply and be fully aware of How It’s Done procedures in the spa.
Health & Safety
· Health, Safety & Hygiene : To be fully aware of the fire emergency evacuation plan and health and safety regulations.
· Health, Safety & Hygiene : To ensure that all accidents, incidents and hazards are reported immediately
· Health, Safety & Hygiene : Comply with the statutory and legal requirements for fire, health and safety licensing and employment. Check that all members of your department are also aware of these requirements and are working in accordance with them.
· Health, Safety & Hygiene : To ensure that all equipment and furniture is clean and well maintained and that all hazards are repaired or removed from the operation.
· Health, Safety & Hygiene : Be fully conversant with the emergency procedures and your responsibilities in the event of any emergency.
· W Look: appear confident, well-groomed and dressed in a smart casual manner
· W Personality: warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant
· Never say no but rather offer options
· Exceed customer expectations
· Communicate with others
· Demonstrate team spirit and cooperation
· Act with professionalism & integrity
Resolve customer problems
· General: To work as a team with all colleagues to ensure equality in the workplace is maintained without racial or sexual discrimination.
· General : To comply with all hotel regulations as outlined in the handbook and to be aware of company disciplinary and grievance procedures.
· General: To assist in creating a working environment to maintain a high level of staff morale.
· General: Maintain professional confidentiality and never disclose information relating to the hotel/Away Spa internal affairs.
· Genera l: Meet legal requirements under Westminster regulations and company policy.
· General : To comply with statutory & legal requirements for fire, health & safety and employment.
· General : To report for duty in good time, clean & tidy and wearing the correct department uniform
· General : To give full co-operation to any colleague requiring assistance in a prompt, caring and helpful manner and to be flexible in assisting around the Hotel in response to business and client’s needs.
· General: To assist in creating an environment which promotes staff morale, encourages employees to have pride in their department and their skills ensuring maximum efficiency.
· General : To assist in the delivery of departmental service standards.
· General : to contribute towards GEI score, SPG and Star voice
· General : Any other duties as and when requested by the Spa Manager.
· Take ownership
· Learn, develop and adapt to change
· Work independently
· Manage Time
· Attend to detail
INDIVIDUAL / PERSONAL
Service Career Orientation
· Training: To attend and participate in departmental and hotel training to ensure consistent delivery of product & service standards.
· Training: Complete training targets each month and be actively involved in any training organized by the department/hotel.
· Training: Complete Personal Training Records.
· Commit to quality
· Follow policies and procedures
· Follow direction
· Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
· Punctual and Reliable
· 2 years minimum experience
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.