Description de l'offre
Introduction to the Marriott Brand
Marriott International represents the largest hotel chain in the world. With a portfolio of over 30 brands and an occupancy in over 120 countries worldwide, Marriott regularly looks to grow and develop its global presence. It this alongside our vision to become, ‘the world’s favourite travel company’, which allows us to expand our talent pool today. So if you’d like the opportunity to be a part of an ever growing, ever developing organisation, who will invest in your development, then apply today.
Introduction to the Cardiff Marriott Hotel
As the capital and largest city in Wales, Cardiff represents an attractive destination for both business people and tourists alike. The Cardiff Marriott Hotel is located in the heart of Cardiff and has a range of picturesque views which take in the Principality Stadium, Cardiff Bay and Castell Coch. These represent only a few of the activities available in the centre of Cardiff where there are other cultural and sporting institutions, as well as the Motorpoint arena and the National Assembly of Wales.
The Cardiff Marriott hotel caters for a whole range of guests by providing both a personal and friendly service, alongside our exceptional facilities, including our Market Kitchen Restaurant and our Leisure club. This alongside the exceptional transport links located on the hotels doorstep has allowed the Cardiff Marriott Hotel to firmly establish itself as a leading brand within the area.
The Role Itself and the Duties Involved
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Leisure department for a Leisure Associate. The role itself is a part-time position and you will be expected to work 20 hours.
Main Duties Include:
· To assist with general duties in Leisure Club, to ensure smooth running of department.
· To maintain tidiness in all Leisure Club areas and to maintain a tidy, safe and clean appearance of Leisure Club and ancillary areas.
· To implement and monitor all club rules to provide a safe working environment
· To maintain and support operational procedures set by Leisure Team Manager
· To correctly sign up new members processing the correct payments and input all details into concept computer system.
Qualifications and Skills
There are a range of qualifications, skills and characteristics we are looking for to successfully fill this role. These include:
· Previous experience working within a leisure facility or similar environment preferred
Skills and Knowledge
· Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
· Experience of service related / customer care environment
· Pro-active and reliable
· Able to work within a team
Education or Certification
· Good level of English essential
· Level of general education to GCSE standard
· First Aide certificate – desirable
· Pool Responder – desirable
· Level 2 Fitness instructor - essential
· Level 3 personal trainer - desirable
Progression and Benefits
‘Open doors to opportunity’ is Marriott’s primary vision and as a consequence, the organisation is regularly looking to invest in its associates to ensure they are given the opportunities to grow and progress. To support this there are a range of benefits the company offers, including:
· Free meals on shift.
· Free use of our on-site leisure facilities.
· Discounted stays at Marriott hotels worldwide.
· Free Car parking
· Training and development opportunities.
· Service awards and recognition gifts
Thank you for taking the time to consider this job vacancy, we look forward to reviewing your application.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.