Description de l'offre
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
We are currently recruiting for a Kitchen Secretary to join our Kitchen Team at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa. We are looking for someone to cover 24 hours per week.
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities of any hotel in Edinburgh with a capacity of up to 500 along with our One Square Restaurant and bar.
· Responsible for carrying out the administrative functions within the kitchen department effectively and efficiently.
· To effectively prioritize all incoming work, complete and advise Executive Chef
· To support the Executive Chef in his daily work schedule.
· Use of Adecco and Fourth to help with efficient running of the kitchen
· Carry out routine email writing and sending.
· To draft letters and correspondence on behalf of Executive Chef
· Co-ordinate diary requests using Outlook Calendar and emails.
· To maintain an effective filing and trace system for all correspondence and Purchase Orders; review existing and update on regular basis.
· To manage all data relevant to Key Performance Indicators, such as:
o Training Matrix – monitor ongoing monthly training with Executive Chef
o Filing of all health & safety information and filing of all temperature sheets
o Managing of Rota closures and imputing relevant information
· Purchase Orders and Invoicing:
o Produce new Orders as requested, and obtain appropriate signatures.
· Ensuring of food bibles are up to date in accordance with the Executive Chef / Typing of Menus
· Liaising with other departments to ensure timelines are met
We are looking for a confident individual who is capable to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team and has a strong desire to improve on their skills and knowledge as well as:
· Numerate and Accurate
· Capability of prioritising their workload to meet deadlines.
· Ability to handle stress and cope with the pressures of the job as and when they occur
· Computer literate with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Adobe
· Strong communication skills (letters, faxes, e-mails, telephone calls and meetings with others)
· Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
· Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Working knowledge of kitchen terminology
In return we offer you a competitive salary as well as unlimited career opportunities, industry leading benefits (including: Uniform, complimentary laundry, free meals on duty) and an environment where your development is our
priority. We offer a monthly training calendar full of developmental courses designed to aid career progression.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.