Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The Junior Continent Reporting Analyst supports the Sales organization in its efforts to track performance and make strategic decisions. The Junior Continent Reporting Analyst will assist specifically with managing the GSA reporting as well as ad-hoc and secondary market sales analysis. This will involve managing routine and ad hoc reporting, audit and basic data analysis. This position works with other Sales Support resources in the Continent to ensure that the GSA resources have what they require to successfully address account needs, owner/franchise questions and support property performance. This position will be based in the Continent GSO with a reporting line to the Continent Reporting Analyst.
Position will be located in London, England.
CORE ROLE ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
· Prepare and manage the GSA Strategic Initiatives reporting.
· Support the GSA annual account deployment and goal setting process.
· Support supervisor and/or sales team with the GSA goal achievement data validation across all managed segments and accounts.
· Support supervisor and/or sales team with ad hoc report generation and basic analysis as needed.
· Assist supervisor and/or peers to develop new sales reporting templates and enhanced analytics as needed.
· Assist supervisor and/or peers in preparing sales analysis presentation for an internal performance review purpose.
Maintaining Business Goals
· Create reports using Excel, sourcing data through Tableau or other Sales Analysis resources to support sales leadership decisions regarding operating budgets and revenue/room night targets.
Demonstrating and Applying Discipline/Functional Knowledge
· Exhibit good knowledge of data reporting and analysis, including querying and manipulation of data using applications such as Microsoft Excel
· Use standard applications such as Microsoft Office and Marriott systems (e.g. SFAWeb|CI/TY, and MRDW) for data analysis, presentations, documents and memos.
· Use data visualization tools such as Tableau
· Utilize an analytical approach to problem solving.
· Maintain attention to detail when building and validating spreadsheets and presentations.
· Act decisively to recover from mistakes. Know how to develop/propose/initiate solutions and when to involve a leader.
· Act independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
Contributing to Teams
· Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team. Navigate the MI organization to achieve collaboration by leveraging relationships and knowledge.
· Identify and cultivate relationships with key colleagues and stakeholders in other parts of the organization.
· Work effectively within an office and as part of a virtual team-based environment.
· Express oneself clearly, concisely and effectively through written and verbal communications.
· Approach opportunities with a positive, open-mind and displays creativity and innovation.
· Provide customer-service orientation, including evaluation/validation of requests and prompt follow-up.
· Gain the confidence and trust of others through their own authenticity and ethical standards.
· Utilize effective time management skills in order to prioritize and organize multiple projects' deadlines.
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
· Perform special projects and other duties, as assigned.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanour - Exhibits behavioural styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents Marriott in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with Marriott's Spirit to Serve.
· Global Mindset - Supports associates and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures associates are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Personal Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities:
Ø Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
Ø Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
Ø Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Ø Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Ø Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.