Boldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
As HR Management Trainee, you will part of the HR Team and will be reporting to the HR Manager.
This role will provide an excellent opportunity to enter the Human Resources management arena by taking on specific responsibilities, providing support and contingency to the Human Resources Team, while developing skills for a future Human Resources Management position.
As a Human Resources Management Trainee you will learn the daily operation and the overall role of the Human Resources department as a strategic business partner within logistics operations. The successful candidate will:
· Become knowledgeable on staffing, training, diversity awareness, and teamwork.
· Get a tremendous amount of satisfaction from motivating themselves and others every day.
· Work with the Human Resources manager, Human Resources representatives, operational executives, headquarters, payroll and benefits, and HR technicians - as well as outside government agencies and vendors.
· Receive technical training and mentoring.
· Learn to assess talent to build a strong management and hourly team.
· Ensure that staffing needs are met in a timely manner, from placing ads to interviewing and hiring.
· Learn how we build our company culture.
· Maintain an environment that supports diversity.
· Become familiar with our HR programs, including Workers Compensation, Drug-Free Workplace, and New Employee Orientation
· Ensure that employees receive timely, accurate reviews, wage, increases, and benefits.
· Build credibility with employees to facilitate communication > and respond to concerns.
· Ensure that our legal obligations are met by tracking team employee member records and conforming to all applicable laws.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.