This position will be part of the Europe Finance & Accounting team responsible for a number of General Ledger activities, supporting associates based in the Continents satellite offices around Europe.
Key elements of the role include journal postings, collection of back-up, accounts payable, billing, assistance with banking, balance sheet reconciliation work, expense processing and dealing with queries.
SCOPE/BUSINESS CONTEXT/EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS
· Co-ordinate any billing requirements for satellite offices and London Office
· Process manual payments
· Record all journal entries on a timely basis
· Ensure back-up is provided for all accounting entries
· Assist with the balance sheet reconciliations of assigned entities
· Perform audit and review of travel expenses
· Process entries in to Accounts Payable as required
· Process other month end journals as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
· Support department heads with month end close, as assigned.
· Provide cover for other members of the Finance & Accounting team in London and Eschborn during periods of absence
· Assist the Continent Tax and Entity teams in providing data and analysis, as it relates to financial statement audits, tax compliance and tax audits
· Perform other duties as assigned
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
· 2 years of progressive job experience in accounting/finance field.
· Proven experience with balance sheet reconciliation.
· Experience with PeopleSoft general ledger system a plus.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g. macros & pivot tables)
Education or Certification
· Student of AAT, ACCA or CIMA (or country equivalent) a plus
Attributes, Knowledge and Skills
· Good business process and time management skills; ensuring compliance with existing processes and producing quality results.
· Able to develop and maintain effective client relationships and promote a client service orientation that delivers customer results.
· Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to articulate issues to a variety of individuals at multiple levels within the organization.
· Must be able to able to work in English.
· Ability to communicate effectively with associates on technical accounting issues.
· Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and under pressure.
· Demonstrates sound organizational and prioritization skills; high performance levels under tight deadlines.
· High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and integrity.
· Demonstrates an independent ability to research and analyze transactions and balances.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.