This job description sets out the current duties of the job role that may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the job role or the level of responsibility entailed.
Directs and works with associates and managers on a daily basis to successfully execute all front office operations including guest arrival and departure procedure. Ensures all Company Standards and (Local) Standard Operational Procedures are adhered to at all times in relation to quality, guest services and profitability.
Strives to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
Areas of responsibility include Front Desk, At Your Service, Guest Relations, Concierge and the Rooms Controller.
To take full responsibility of the front office department and attend all relevant meetings in the absence of the Front Office Manager.
Experience in a full service property as Front Office Shift Leader or similar position for at least one year.
Knowledge of Fidelio, Marsha, Cristol and Micros desired.
Working history with Marriott Hotels preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing).
Pro-active and reliable
Able to work alone and within a team
Education or Certification:
Good level of English essential.
· To implement and maintain SOP's within front office to ensure consistent levels of services are maintained at all time.
Constantly focusing on GSS results and Guest Response statistics to increase customer satisfaction, improve overall experience and meet targets.
· To maintain high associate morale by implementing action plans based on AOS feedback. To carry out regular one to ones with every team member to increase job satisfaction, motivation and improve development within the team and hotel. Measure achievement against targets and develop action plans with accurate goals and targets set, ensuring accurate development and succession plans are in place to promote from within wherever possible. To ensure all sub-ordinates' grievances are dealt with, and maintain positive employee relations guaranteeing fair treatment at all times. Hold monthly departmental meetings and carry out half year team buildings.
· To be responsible for the purchasing of all front office supplies through the nominated suppliers.
· To ensure effective communication is in place throughout the front office and ensure excellent inter-departmental communication systems are in place with all key partners (Accounts/Revenue/Housekeeping/Sales).
· To write and implement training plans for all front office personnel to ensure all associate and departmental needs are met. Ensure 4, 8 and 12 week reviews are carried out with all new starters. To provide professional coaching and ensure Short Takes are carried out in order to develop a more effective front office team. To oversee associate receives their 40 hours of annual training and training records are submitted to Human Resources.
· To ensure all front desk costs are kept in line with rooms' budget. To analyze and understand monthly profit and loss reviews. To be responsible for Front Office payroll, track of holiday entitlement and sickness pay and tracking.
· To provide excellent levels of service to all guests, thereby ensuring that guest expectations are achieved, hotel standards are obtained and repeat business is obtained. React to any issues and complains straight away in an appropriate way.
· To effectively carry out all operational tasks delegated by higher levels of operational structure.
· To ensure that procedures are in place to maximize correct billing procedures.
· To ensure Health and Safety regulations are complied according to company requirements.
· Weekly Rota is produced in line with business needs.
· To ensure key and money handling procedures are in place and followed by all associates at all times.
· Ensure guest profiles are looked after and merged if required.
· Support the Rooms Controller by updating bookings in Fidelio for the following ten days, clarifying any questions with guests as they come along. Ensure correct routing is in place and notice lines are updated. To enforce balancing for the following days and ensuring guest requests are met and followed up. Liaise with Revenue to prevent overbooking on specific room types.
· To attend and participate in all Hotel training courses and team meetings, and ensure team members do so as well.
· To maximize sales for the department and scout for Marriott Rewards.
· To fully understand the systems audit process and brand standards applicable to front office, and ensure they are adhered to at all times. To carry out internal Brand Standard and procedure audits to provide consistency.
· To be able to operate At Your Service and deal with enquiries in an efficient manner and to be knowledgeable about the hotel.
· Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
· Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
· Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 39 hours per week.