Description de l'offre
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail -
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Dominvs Hospitality Management Ltd.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Dixon, a new boutique style hotel part of Autograph Collection Hotels is scheduled to open its doors in November 2018. Taking centre stage in the Tower Bridge neighborhood on Tooley Street, The Dixon is set to be become a new cultural hub for the capitalâs centre of artistic activity.
· Named after John Dixon Butler the architect who originally constructed the building in 1905 as a Magistratesâ Court and police station “ the hotel takes inspiration from the areaâs vibrant cultural heritage, while also capturing its new wave of creative cool.
· The 193 rooms will redefine the traditional boutique hotel by seamlessly incorporating the local neighbourhoods culture through an artful mix of heritage design. Think simple brickwork, tall windows and modern furniture from British designers that will sit alongside more classic pieces, whilst curated artworks from local artists will hang on the walls.
· Cleverly reflecting the buildings purpose as a courtroom, the restaurant will serve as a neighbourhood oasis that will welcome not only hotel guests but also the local trade.
· Develop menu design and concepts for all food and bar outlets, as well as catering events. Monitor competitor and industry trends.
· Ensure that all menu items are prepared and presented according to established recipes and standards.
· Maintain updated and accurate costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold in the food and beverage operations.
· Manage day-to-day kitchen activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
· Educate and train team members in compliance with brand standards, service behaviors, and governmental regulations. Ensure staff have the tools, training, and equipment to carry out their job duties.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Assist sales, catering and banquet staff with banquets, parties and other special events.
· Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
· Solicit guest feedback to improve food and presentation quality
· Assist Food and Beverage team with menu planning, food and beverage coordination throughout the hotel.
· 10 years of experience as a chef, with at least 2 years in a Head Chef role.
· Must have certifications and permits as required by local governmental agencies, including Food Hygiene Level 4 and Health & Safety Certificates.
· Completion of a degree
This company is an equal opportunity employer.