At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we've got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it's not just a room with a bed that they're buying. It's an experience. We're looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
· Greet and escort customers to their tables
· Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
· Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses
· Inform customers about the day's specials
· Offer menu recommendations upon request
· Up-sell additional products when appropriate
· Take accurate food and drinks orders, using an order pad.
· Check customers' IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
· Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
· Serve food and drink orders
· Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
· Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
· Deliver checks and collect bill payments
· Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
· Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
· Follow all relevant health department regulations
· Provide excellent customer service to guests
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.