This role is a key contributor to the UK Field Sales Team.
The National Account Manager – Agency is responsible for developing and maintaining business from a nominated portfolio of key UK agency accounts achieving assigned revenue goals. The primary intent is to drive sales for the hotels participating in the UK Field Sales structure, across all business segments. The National Account Manager - Agency will also facilitate group opportunities for outbound hotels at the customer's request. Proactively manages relationships with multiple stakeholders. Works in-conjunction with stakeholder hotels to ensure sales account revenue targets are achieved through strategic account management.
This person will drive share and further penetrate assigned accounts, to drive profitable revenue to support hotel sales strategies. Proactively manages relationships with multiple stakeholders, managing a diverse portfolio.
Education and Experience
· Minimum 3 years' proactive sales experience
Education or Certification
· High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management preferred
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Sales and Marketing
· Maintains and grows business of existing accounts based on targets set in conjunction with key stakeholders.
· Enhanced focus on group and catering sales
· Supports on conversion of group and catering opportunities at a hotel level
· Account leader/owner for key accounts; creates strategy for account penetration. Coordinates and completes sales activity and follow-up with account team members, where applicable e.g. Global Sales Organisation
· Executes sales activity and strategy to achieve agreed account targets for all hotels and brand where appropriate. (Sell International Hotels where customer requires subject to International Booking Fee conditions)
· Implements and manages Account Teams where appropriate, where appropriate.
· Identifies and develops new markets/segments from accounts managed, including International outbound where applicable.
· Proactive Sales – saturates and penetrates assigned accounts for group, extended stay, catering and transient business. Maintains current business relationships and networks for new business within accounts.
· Executes sales strategy to achieve goals for all participating hotels.
· Develops contracts and correspondence, manages opportunity details and proactively develops customer solutions.
· Works independently or centrally, depending on account, to establish appropriate business transient pricing for assigned accounts. Coordinates pricing process for hotels
· Account Team Leadership – Creates strategy for account penetration for all accounts managed. Coordinates activities, follows up with and directs account team members. Utilizes sales organization resources as needed in account saturation.
· Proactively manages relationships with multiple contacts in assigned accounts.
· Hotel Communication – Coordinates with hotels for site inspections and entertainment. Updates hotels on the status of their accounts and pending business and ensures follow-through and property “buy in” on customers service needs.
· Assumes leadership role, as requested by line manager, on ad hoc task forces and special projects, including developing processes to identify potential new accounts.
· Maintains accurate and up to date account data and reporting using account management system.
· Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers for the hotel to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, site inspections etc.
· Displays leadership in guest hospitality; exemplifies customer service and creates a positive example for guest relations.
· Establishes clear expectations for customers and properties throughout the sales process.
· Transfers accurate, complete and timely information to operating departments at the properties.
· Effectively resolves guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process. Brings issues to the attention of property leadership team as appropriate.
· Participates in guest satisfaction review sessions to identify areas of improvement. Takes ownership of results and shares recommendations to address guest service issues.
· Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
· Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
· Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
· Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
· Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
· Excellent selling skills and understanding of sales processes; can effectively up-sell products and services; can bring a sale to closure
· Strong customer development and relationship management skills
· Knowledge of group, extended stay and transient business
· Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications
· Ability to develop and implement successful sales strategies and strategic sales plans for individual accounts
· Knowledge of all of the Marriott Hotels & Resort brands
· Knowledge of need time strategy as developed by Revenue Management
· Understands revenue management functions and account profitability
· Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Effective decision making skills
· Effective conflict management skills
· Ability to influence others
· Strong organization skills
· Excellent negotiation skills
· Ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?