Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
The Engineering Administrator is responsible for performing highly diversified duties in order to maintain positive internal and external relationships with all stakeholders. Provides consistently high standard of administrative support to the Engineering department in addition to proving support for the Engineering team.
· Ability to use Marriott International Kronos Labour Management System, Oracle People Management System, GXP and Transcendent.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes, Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.
· Have sound financial background with a preference to working with numbers.
· Understanding of financial concepts especially profit and loss principles.
· Understanding of the management of labour productivity and cost.
· Have strong organization and working to deadline skills.
· Ability to communicate with key stakeholders within the luxury lifestyle market.
· Ability to effectively make decisions, problem solve, coach and develop for positive results.
· Deliver and support the hotel and brand's service standards at every moment, including knowledge of the hotel, its history, all aspects of our Quintessentially County (QC) service culture.
· Attend and actively participate in all required training sessions including shift briefings.
· Is a role model for service and hospitality ensuring every guest is satisfied and will return. Obtain feedback and shares accordingly.
· Work as a strong and committed team member and colleague, as well as proactively nurturing any stakeholder relationships (e.g. owner, extended sales team and suppliers).
· Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
· Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
· Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email).
· Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
· Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks appropriately and effectively.
· Proactively contribute ideas and shares creative solutions to make County Hall the best possible workplace and destination of choice for our guests.
Doing your bit for the people around you:
· Support a departmental orientation program for new starters to receive the appropriate new hiring training to successfully perform their job.
· Ensure ambassadors are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
· Use all available on the job training tools for ambassadors; supervises on-going training initiatives and conducts training when appropriate.
· Participate and supports managers and supervisors in the performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
· Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with ambassadors and ensures ambassadors do the same within the team.
· Actively solicit ambassador feedback, utilize an "open door" policy and review ambassador satisfaction results to identify and address ambassador problems or concerns. Bring issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
Getting your finances in order:
· Comprehend budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of Booking office and culinary department.
· Utilize the Labour Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of ambassador time and attendance.
· Manage payroll administration
· Participate in the management of department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals
· Comply with all Marriott International policies and procedures, specifically in relation to financial reporting, sign-offs and procedures
You'll need to know your stuff:
· Knowledge of overall hotel operations is essential for this role
· Knowledge of menu planning, food presentation, and banquet and event service operations
· Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment control
· Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards
You'll be expected to deliver on the following:
· Effectively manage and develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
· Maintain a high standard of data and resources using the technology and information available to you in the department.
· Effectively and appropriately use the Transcendent system for task management and control
· Ensure all hotel processes (financial, HR, guest, communications) are used appropriately
Your Key Measures for this role:
· Transcendent management and performance
· GuestVoice ratings
· Brand Standard Audit Score (maintenance and upkeep related)
You know you're doing a great job when:
· Achieves a minimum of a P rating in annual performance review
· Is being recognised by guests for extraordinary hospitality and product knowledge
· GuestVoice & TripAdvisor scores are improving
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.