Description de l'offre
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we've got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it's not just a room with a bed that they're buying. It's an experience. We're looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
We are currently recruiting for a Night Porter to join our Concierge team at
the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities of any hotel in Edinburgh with a capacity of up to 500 and our One Square Restaurant and bar.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering great service in a professional manner and be able to work well under pressure.
The Night Concierge provides our guests with a warm welcome to the hotel and a friendly and efficient service to our guests throughout their stay. Ensuring that Guest's expectations are exceeded at all times, with regards to Concierge, porterage and valet service during Night Shift. It is expected that the Night Porter is competent and willing to play a hands on role in assisting the Night Manager with the night administration and Reception tasks and participates in the security of the building and the night fire team.
The Night porter is also expected to assist and collaborate with other departments in case of need and as directed by Night Manager and to liaise with the Reception Team to carry out tasks needed to provide guest satisfaction.
This position involves working nights, 4 nights on, 4 nights off.
This key team member is responsible for:
· To play a proactive role in welcoming guests to the Hotel, greeting them with an appropriate manner and using guest names wherever possible
· To play a proactive role in offering guests assistance with travel plans, restaurant and theatre booking, flight and accommodation requirements, sporting and leisure activities…etc
· Maintain an accurate record of limousine, coach and tour bookings to enable accurate tracking of commissions
· To ensure that accurate records are kept of porters daily duties using Porters log
· Responsible for ordering and documenting of staff taxi's liaising with all relevant departments
· Accurately ascertains newspaper requirements for the morning and delivers to guest rooms as needed
· Delivers pro forma bills, faxes, parcels and luggage to guest rooms as directed by Night Manager
· Ensures that guest luggage left over night is locked securely in the Storage room
· To provide a friendly and efficient valet parking service
· Responsible for providing a detailed handover to the Day Team at the end of the shift and for reporting any potential problems to the FOM / Head Concierge
· Be fully knowledgeable of Hotel facilities and services, points of interest in the area, local streets, restaurants, shops and theatres
· To promote a high level of guest satisfaction through personal attitude and appearance
The successful candidate is proactive and will be an excellent communicator (verbal and written) as well as:
· Great Customer Service Skills - Must enjoy guest interaction, be able to anticipate guest needs and maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times.
· Must be able to maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests.
· Must be a Team Player
· Must hold a valid UK drivers licence
· Previous experience in Concierge / Front Office department preferable
· Flexible and adaptable approach to working hours
· Knowledge of Opera, Concierge Assistant, Outlook
In return we offer you a competitive salary as well as unlimited career opportunities, industry leading benefits (including: Uniform, complimentary laundry, free meals on duty) and an environment where your development is our priority. We offer a monthly training calendar full of developmental courses designed to aid career progression.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.