Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Ideal candidate profile
A Claims Adjuster II is responsible for the timely, good faith adjustment and disposition of self-administered casualty claims in multiple jurisdictions. Responsibility extends to all aspects and phases of investigations, evaluations, negotiations and settlements/denials of the following claims: workers' compensation, auto liability, no-fault uninsured motorist and general liability.
SCOPE/BUSINESS CONTEXT/EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS
· Manage 100-150 casualty claims on assignment.
· Acceptable caseloads vary based on the jurisdiction(s), mix and complexity of Worker's Compensation and General Liability cases as determined by Claims Unit Manager.
· Expected Contributions
· Investigate claims promptly – taking statements as necessary – to determine liability/compensability.
· Evaluate damages and pay benefits as prescribed by law and/or Marriott policies and procedures.
· Secure necessary documentation to facilitate timely loss adjustment and maintain primary responsibility for settlement decisions up to individual authority.
· Complete and monitor timely WC payments/state filings.
· Monitor and actively manage WC medical treatment with the goal of minimizing disability. Consult Occupational Health Services as necessary.
· Manage litigation cases including controlling/directing outside attorneys, assisting in discovery/trial preparation and strategy.
· Evaluate claims for potential third party or subrogation recovery.
· Participate in the Service Call Program and complete required Service Call reports detailing current case status.
· Actively participate in regularly scheduled unit meetings and department meetings.
· Comply with Marriott Casualty Claims Policy and Procedure Manual requirements.
· Effectively utilize the Valley Oaks System (iVOS) to manage all claims electronically.
· Enter action plan notes/website notes into iVOS.
· Participate in activities that foster teamwork and continuous quality improvement.
Minimum of 18 months claims adjusting experience.
Knowledge and Skills
· Ability to grasp and apply technical knowledge, including litigation case management and adjusting skills.
· Effective reasoning, analysis and decision making skills.
· Effective influence skills.
· Strong negotiation skills.
· Strong organization skills.
· Strong hospitality skills.
· Demonstrate strong leadership abilities.
· Ability to prioritize work.
· Ability to meet deadlines and follow up in a timely manner.
· Good communication skills (verbal, listening, writing), including the ability to deliver difficult messages to customers and/or claimants.
· Good investigation skills.
· Basic knowledge of claims process.
· Strong computer skills.
· Ability to work well in a team, providing assistance to fellow associates and representing the mission of the unit.
· Possess a willingness to accept and respond positively to constructive criticism.
· Present oneself with a positive, professional demeanor.
· Communicate often with supervisor keeping him/her informed.
· Show dependability.
Education or Certification
· High School Diploma or GED preferred.
· Two or four year degree from an accredited college/business/technical school preferred.
· Applicable industry licensing.
· Associate in Claims or Associate in Risk Management preferred.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.