The Glasgow Marriott have a fantastic opportunity for a Chef de Partie to join our Kitchen on a Full-Time Permanent basis.
Set in a bustling, cosmopolitan city with a renowned business centre and prestigious shopping, the four-star Glasgow Marriott Hotel puts you in the heart of it all. Our Glasgow hotel's location is within a five-minute stroll to nightlife, the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre, the Hydro arena, and one of the best shopping areas outside London. Perfect for business or leisure, we are one of the top luxury hotels in Glasgow.
Follow us on us on our Glasgow Marriott Facebook or Instagram page to find out more about our current promotions and F&B specials.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Ideal candidate profile
Connect your passions with a rewarding opportunities
Others may call you a foodie, but you know you're much more than that. You want to learn all the tricks of the trade and be the master of the kitchen. When you join us, you'll find that there are no limits on your creativity or your potential. We inspire you to grow and challenge yourself because when you are pursuing excellence, you're helping us to provide exceptional travel experiences.
Rewards for work, benefits for your lifestyle
You'll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
· Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
· Learning and development opportunities
· Recognition programs - employee of the month/quarter/year will earn you a little bonus
· Wellbeing programs
· Encouraging management
· Free car park during scheduled working hours
· SVQ accredited training
· Free Perks at Work membership with discounts on high street brands
· Access to Leisure Club facilities
· 20 days holiday entitlement excluding bank holidays rising to a maximum of 27 days.
The impact you'll make
You hold yourself to a higher culinary standard and it is your attention to each preparation that keeps guests with us to dine. Working with a dedicated team of experts, you will learn something different every day as you work with new seasonal menus and unique presentations. You hard work pays off when a dish that you've thoughtfully helped to prepare has guests raving and anxious to return.
What you'll be doing
· Prepare fresh ingredients for cooking according to recipes/menu
· Cook food and prepare top-quality menu items in a timely manner
· Test foods to ensure proper preparation and temperature
· Operate kitchen equipment safely and responsibly
· Ensure the proper sanitation and cleanliness of surfaces and storage containers
What we're looking for:
· The ideal candidate will have experience either within 4* Hotel or large volume business
· Minimum 2/3 years of previous experience working at Chef de Partie Level
· Elementary Food Hygiene or equivalent
· Ability to work under pressure due to a high volume, high standard food operation
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we'll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
Explore our very big world
When you bring your natural talents and passion for food, we welcome you into our family. No matter your specialty or culinary background, we offer great rewards and opportunities to improve your skills. You will work closely with a team of inspired professionals who encourage and invite your contributions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.