Description de l'offre
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
To ensure the smooth and efficient running of the conference operation by ensuring the function space is ready for guest arrival as per function sheet. To take reasonable care for own Health and Safety and that of others whilst at work and to comply with all Food Hygiene and Health and Safety Regulation. To ensure that all guest requirements are delivered timely and accurately as per function sheet and additions.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
· A casual position based at the Preston Marriott Hotel.
· Number of Direct Reports - 0
Titles of Direct Reports –
Ensure security of conference areas, equipment and supplies.
Completion of the conference charge sheet.
To ensure customer satisfaction at all times, thus achieving repeat customer business. To assist the management In achieving the departmental aims and budget for the year
· Previous experience in a similar operation (preferred but not essential)
Skills and Knowledge
· Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening)
· High Standard of personal hygiene and appearance
· Able to work alone and within a team
· Flexible hours in line with the business needs
· Must be Customer Focused
· Fluent in English
Education or Certification
Relevant NVQ Qualification
Quality of Work
Total Quality Management
Quantity of Work
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
· Timely function set-up, service, delivery and breakdown of assigned conference events as per function sheet and company standards.
· Heaving lifting and Manual Handling of Conference Tables, Chairs, Staging Equipment, Linen
· To ensure refreshments are served at the times requested
· Ensure conference equipment is kept in good working order and stored correctly and safely
· Customer liaison handling requests and complaints
· To ensure the cleanliness of conference areas, kitchen and store rooms
· To ensure you acquire a full working knowledge of the hotel and its facilities
· Ensure floats are counted and balanced at start and end of shift and they are secure at all times. Blind Banking procedures are followed along with all local and Marriott policies and procedures.
· Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
· Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
· Working hours as required to do your job.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.