Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels , Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.
Job Summary Including:
· Follow appropriate procedures for serving alcohol (e.g., TIPs (Training for Intervention Procedures), CARE (Control Alcohol Risks Effectively)).
· Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
· Attend to tables in the dining area as needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
· Assist your and other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
· Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank.
· Follow all state and local laws for serving alcohol responsibly (e.g., last call times).
· Prepare drink orders for guests according to specified recipes using measuring systems.
· Maintain cleanliness and condition of bar, bar unit (CO2 lines, soda tanks, soda guns, drain, etc.), tables, and other tools, following all set-up guidelines.
· Prepare fresh garnishes for drinks.
· Document and communicate any incidents/accidents immediately to management and Loss Prevention during shift or event.
· Stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies.
· Requisition all necessary supplies, specifically bottle-for-bottle liquor restock, transporting supplies from storeroom to bar set-up area as required.
· Restock bar with liquor and glassware.
· Remove soiled wares from bar top and tables and place in designated area.
· Anticipate and communicate replenishment needs promptly, ensuring no shortages throughout scheduled function time, and ensuring proper authorization for additional payments as required prior to replenishing.
· Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
· Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, Guest Response) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
· Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
· Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
· Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
· Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g. escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way).
· Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
· Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings. Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.