Description de l'offre
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we've got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it's not just a room with a bed that they're buying. It's an experience. We're looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
We are currently recruiting for a Bar Manager to join our award winning Food & Beverage team at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities of any hotel in Edinburgh with a capacity of up to 500 and our One Square Restaurant and bar.
Effectively monitor the daily operations of the One Square Bar, including providing support and guidance to fellow Bar associates to ensure a successful and effective operation ending in a positive guest experience.
• Promote, profile and lead One Square with its associate in the market segment as a standalone Bar – Edinburgh's premium Gin bar!
• Ability to use and monitor booking systems (Live Bookings, Open Table etc)
• Establish 5* culture within current team and drive along with the supervisors and lead servers
• Compliance of AA standards
• Thorough support of and updating of training manual for Outlet - and support development of team members
• Contribute to innovation for the department with F&B Management
• Ensure full liaison with other members of Hotel teams through Daily operations meetings, team briefings and attendance at monthly Business Operations Meeting.
• Develop strong communication strategies within the F&B department including Banqueting, Kitchen and One Square Restaurant
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with other departments in the hotel especially with Marketing
• To consult and effectively and positively manage changes in operation, policy and procedures with direct reports.
• Continuously review and improve internal operations methods in own department and suggest to other departments hoe they might assist in general improvements through appropriate forum.
We are looking for someone who is energetic, passionate, self-motivated and who is ready to take the next step on your career path. Ideally you will have at least 3 years' experience within a similar bar operation within a 5 star environment, with supervisory/management experience required. We are looking for candidates who have a flexible approach to working hours and a desire to continually improve our product.
• Excellent Customer Service skills, preferably at 5* level
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills, sales-related skills & organizational/supervisory qualities
• Must have exceptional food and Beverage knowledge and pricing.
• Must have significant experience in operating a bar operation and good local knowledge of the surrounding area
• Being the Bar Dictionary!!! Knowledge of all F&B Standards, quality presentation, service and products and local health and sanitation standards.
• Knowledge of menu planning and participating in menus changes with Kitchen and Food & Beverage Management
• To keep ahead of the market both in product and service with innovative ideas on the beverage scene, create and action appropriately within the team, marketing, strategy team and launch – own the bar!
• Displays an understanding of the impact that menu choice has on productivity and profitability
• Knowledge of marketing plan our competition, promotional concepts, F&B costs and controls.
• Ability to analyze financial information and prepare budget and outlet goals with the support of the Food & Beverage Management
In return we offer you a competitive salary, as well as unlimited career opportunities, industry leading benefits (including: complimentary laundry, free meals on duty, dental and optical plans, discounted hotels and F & B), and an environment where your development is our priority. We offer a monthly training calendar full of developmental courses designed to aid career progression.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.