Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Ideal candidate profile
This position will be part of a team responsible for the accurate internal and external financial reporting of a subset of Marriott's foreign subsidiaries. The team is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of legal subsidiary ledgers and generating financial statements for the entities to complete the entity audit process in a timely and efficient manner, facilitate timely statutory income tax reporting and facilitate timely board of managers reporting by coordinating with the tax and legal teams. The team is also responsible for supporting and executing transactions related to entity reorganizations, such as entity acquisitions and sales.
The responsibilities of this position include local GAAP financial statement and related schedule preparation, coordination of entity audits, and ongoing review and analysis of the activity within each of the assigned foreign entities. The Assistant Manager works with independence, but within established guidelines, to produce and analyze financial information as well as legal contracts to support the accounting for subsidiaries. In addition, he/she will serve as a contact for entity questions/issues for stakeholders across the organization.
SCOPE/BUSINESS CONTEXT/EXPECTED CONTRIBUTIONS
· Coordinate the annual statutory audit processes, including preparation of supporting schedules and documentation. Ensure that audits occur in a timely and efficient manner.
· Prepare foreign entity financial statements and supporting schedules and ensure timely filing of the financial statements with appropriate authorities through service providers.
· Complete analysis and reconciliation of financial activity recorded to the general ledger in a timely manner to facilitate monthly and quarterly financial reporting for the entities, including reviewing financial activity for overall reasonableness and accuracy and timely submission of governance certifications in accordance with Marriott internal control policies.
· Record financial statement/audit adjustments and other journal entries to the general ledger as applicable.
· Participate in the monthly and quarterly corporate financial close procedures.
· Understand and document significant transactions related to these entities to coordinate and promote awareness of transaction details with other departments and to support internal financial reporting and the annual audit processes,
· Provide transaction support to aid in the preparation of local country VAT returns. Reconcile the returns to the ledger.
· Document current processes and maintain existing documentation so it is relevant and participate in process improvement initiatives and standardizations.
· Establish and nurture relationships with auditors, service providers and other Marriott teams.
· Assist in the team's desire to utilize technology to improve processes
· Participate in various department-wide goals, as assigned.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Minimum 3-4 years of progressive accounting experience and financial statement audits including financial statement preparation and account analysis.
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g. macros & pivot tables)
Education or Certification
· BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
· CPA or MBA preferred
Attributes, Knowledge and Skills
· Demonstrates an independent ability to research and analyze transactions and balances within a complex accounting system structure and in a multi-currency environment.
· Able to work independently to identify potential issues, develop solutions, and drive results.
· Strong business process skills; capable of developing effective processes, ensuring compliance with existing processes and producing quality results.
· High proficiency with PC based software (Microsoft Office); use of macros and pivot tables in Excel.
· Interested in utilizing technology to drive process improvements
· Able to develop and maintain effective business relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
· Ensures all work is completed on time with a high attention to detail.
· Demonstrates strong organizational and prioritization skills; high performance levels under tight deadlines.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills; ability to articulate issues to a variety of individuals at multiple levels within the organization.
· Ability to manage multiple work activities concurrently with minimal supervision.
· At ease in an environment of change; supports and manages change within the organization.
· High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and integrity.
· Displays commitment towards collaborating in a results-oriented team setting.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.