Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Ideal candidate profile
The Assistant Manager, Hotel Transaction/Owned and Leased Accounting, will contribute to accounting efforts related to Marriott's international owned and leased portfolio along with monthly accounting and reporting processes for gains/losses and leases. The position will also assist with recording the increasingly complex acquisition/ disposition of hotel properties or brand acquisitions. The position requires an understanding of US GAAP accounting and an ability to research accounting principles.
Expected Contributions and Responsibilities
· Interpret and analyze financial statements & accounting information relating to owned and leased properties/legal entities, including differences between local and US GAAP.
· Ensure the accurate reporting of accounting information relating to Marriott's wholly owned or leased properties, including actuals, budget & forecast.
· Prepare and analyze balance sheet basis for potential transactions.
· Manage the completion of the Marriott International Policy #66 balance sheet reconciliations to support compliance efforts for the owned/leased property portfolio and gain/loss accounts.
· Partner with the management team in recording acquisitions/dispositions/construction projects.
· Partner with the management team with oversight/managerial responsibilities as assigned.
· Assist with ongoing efforts to standardize and improve processes to ensure continued practice of effective and efficient processes in ever-changing environments related to owned and leased properties.
· Perform other duties as appropriate.
· Able to develop and maintain effective client relationships and promote a client service orientation that delivers customer results.
· Knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles.
· Comfort with challenging status quo to improve effectiveness.
· Able to multi-task; comfortable with complexity and change.
· Capable of improving and documenting processes, ensuring compliance with existing processes and producing quality results.
· Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment.
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, creating an environment allowing timely information flows throughout the organization.
· Exposure to accounting in a multi-currency environment
Specific Candidate Profile
· BS/BA in Accounting/Finance, or related discipline; CPA, MBA, or advanced degree in Accounting or Finance a plus.
· Minimum of three years of progressive job experience in accounting/finance field or minimum of two busy seasons in public accounting
· Foreign currency transactions experience is highly desirable.
· International accounting experience is a plus.
· Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, with strong focus on spreadsheet applications.
· Peoplesoft experience preferred.
· High degree of initiative, personal responsibility, and integrity.
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
· Strong commitment to deadline compliance.
· Superior attention to detail.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.