Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Ideal candidate profile
The candidate will be immersed in the elements of strategic planning, architecture, high level design, and optimization of the Marriot International IP network. Works with architecture, engineering, security, operational, and application experts to set standards and engineering guidance for all aspects of the IP network. S/he will provide architecture/design support and request fulfillment associated with Marriott's network infrastructure.
Primary functions include network architecture/design, enabling stability, consolidation, manageability, and advances in future technologies.
They will provide subject matter expertise and guidance to IT teams and Service Providers to modify and maintain existing Marriott network architecture, completion of project requests, capacity analysis, health and performance management, continuous service improvement, new technology recommendations, business/technical analyses, reporting, and project management. They will work efficiently with our technology providers as well as other third-party engineering, application, and operations teams. Key areas of focus will be routing and switching architecture/design, development of technology roadmaps, and the optimization of Marriott's routed data center, campus, and property networks.
Education and Experience
· Undergraduate degree in an engineering or computer science discipline and/or equivalent experience/certification
· 10+ years of experience in each of the following areas:
· Enterprise level Network design, troubleshooting, and support
· Enterprise level DNS, and/or DHCP solutions
· Advanced Cisco networking technologies
· Network virtualization products/technologies
· Routing, switching, and IP subnetting
· TCP/IP and common network protocols
· Documenting architectural standards, policies, and engineering designs
· 8+ years of experience with Application Network Services including SLB, GSLB, and Application Acceleration technologies
· 5+ years of experience delivering technology solutions at an enterprise level
· CCIE, CCNP, and/or other technical certifications
· Experience working with network security products
· Working knowledge of
· Identity and access control protocols/systems
· Software Defined Networking products
· Automation and modeling tools
· Remote office/branch office and WAN design
· Data center and campus network design
· Global DMVPN architecture
· Experience performing detailed risk assessments and audit responses
· Experience with networking in Public or Private Cloud environments
· Call Center, ecommerce, and/or hospitality background
· Excellent problem-solving skills working independently and through leading outcomes for cross functional teams
· Understanding of change management, testing requirements, techniques, and tools to ensure high availability of platforms
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of audiences including executives, business stakeholders, and IT teams
· Ability to work during non-business hours, as needed
· Ability to travel on a limited basis, as required to support assigned projects/initiatives
· Proficiency in Visio, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
· Provides oversight, governance, and strategic direction related to the network infrastructure services that are required to enable the delivery of IT services to Marriott's campus, data center, and property networks
· When called upon, provides input to the overall architecture, operational governance model
· Leads and/or participates in researching and designing components that are standards based, high performing, highly available, and secure in delivering the required business functionality
· Educates internal and external users on the technologies to continually improve the knowledge and skill-base of the organization on how to operate and support the technology services
· Participates in and/or leads the evaluation and selection of service products
· Supports analysis of the current environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommends solutions for improvement
· Utilizes capability modeling to align systems strategy and planning with business strategy and goals
· Consults with project teams to identify when it is necessary to modify services to accommodate project needs
· Supports, implements, and promotes standard configuration and change management, processes and practices
· Develop and document test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for assigned projects
· Follows all defined IR standards and processes (i.e. IT Governance, SM&G, Architecture, etc.), and provides input for improvements to the appropriate process owners as needed
· Maintains a proper balance between business and operational risk
· Follows the defined project management standards and processes
Service Provider Management
· Validates that Service Providers develop and manage respective aspects of a project plan, including schedules, deliverables, and appropriate metrics.
· Provides input to plans to effectively utilize resources
· Monitors Service Provider outcomes
· Provides estimates of work effort for client project provided by Service Providers for accuracy
· Facilitates timely resolution of service delivery problems and minimizes the impact to clients
· Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
· Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
· Managing Change - Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
· Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
· Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
· Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Building a Successful Team - Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
· Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
· Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
· Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
· Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
· Strategic Partnerships - Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
· Developing Others - Supports the development of other's skills and capabilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
· Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
· Continuous Learning - Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
· Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
· Technical Intelligence: Knowledge and ability to define and apply appropriate technology to enhance business process
· Development Methodologies: Knowledge of general stages of SDLC framework and the application tiers within the development space.
· Information Security: Knowledge of the security considerations relevant within the development space, including industry best practices related to information security
· Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
· Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
· Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
· Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
· Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
· Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
· Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.