With its many museums, peaceful canals and 17th-century architecture, Amsterdam charms every visitor. In the midst of this splendid city, you'll find the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel.
Our luxury hotel, located across from Leidseplein's fine dining, shopping and entertainment, is a 5-minute walk to many attractions including the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum. In the morning visit the Vondelpark for a relaxing walk or run or go to our on-site 24-hour health club for a great workout.
Our 396 spacious guest rooms have everything you need for business or leisure travel and upscale and casual dining awaits you in our two restaurants where you can grab a burger and beer or Amsterdam's finest steak in town. Our 12 meeting rooms are equipped with the newest technology; we welcome you to our 'Meetings Imagined'.
We are currently recruiting for a passionate and enthusiastic colleague! Do you want to work in a dynamic work environment in the center of Amsterdam and are you interested in a position at the Amsterdam Marriott Hotel? Read the information below and get excited to apply!
Ideal candidate profile
The Amsterdam Marriott Hotel has several F&B outlets. In our restaurant Midtown Grill we serve breakfast in the morning, lunch for groups during the afternoon and 'a la carte' the finest steaks in town during the evening. In our Sorel's Midtown Bar & Lounge we serve lunch and dinner. Furthermore the hotel has 12 meeting rooms for which the kitchen prepares all that is needed. Of course, we also have 24-hour Room Service. We are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to work within our kitchen team and keep the level of services high.
What makes you the perfect fit?
You enjoy working in the kitchen and are passionate about delivering excellent dishes to ensure guests experience a memorable stay. Our Restaurant Midtown Grill is the number one steakhouse in Amsterdam, and you are determined to help us to improve even further. You are a driven student and are eager to learn and work on a professional level.
To be eligible for this position you…
· Are doing the education of “Kok BBL” level 2 or 3 as of July 2019
· Are organized and motivated to succeed as part of a team
· Possess a good command of the English and/or Dutch language
· Are able to work effectively as part of a team
· Are flexible and able to work the different shifts
· Are calm and productive under pressure
What do you get in return?
The Amsterdam Marriott Hotel is part of Marriott International and offers a competitive salary & a wide package of benefits. Each year you will have a performance appraisal and depending on your performance you will get a salary increase. Furthermore we offer:
· A professional environment to work in.
· Uniform dry-cleaned by the hotel.
· Personal coaching & training to support you in your day-to-day job.
· Career possibilities within Marriott International.
· Special discounted rates for 6000+ Marriott hotels worldwide for you, your family and friends.
· A TakeCare program; we focus on your wellbeing in general and organize several healthy and fun activities throughout the year.
· Many social activities, such as our Associate Appreciation Week, an annual Staff Party and Team outings.
For more information about our hotel please see www.amsterdammarriott.com
Marriott is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.