Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
We offer our associates a competitive benefits package:
Above NMW and up to NLW pay rates for all associate roles and ages.
Discounted Rooms rates in over 5700 hotels across the globe
Global Careers Opportunities
Competitive local & national benefits package
FREE Meals on Duty, Car Parking, Uniform, Gym Membership
Discounted Cinema Tickets
Monthly reward & recognition treats
Fantastic incentives based on your performance
Full training plus NVQs
Supervisory training opportunities & Development Plans.
Personal Development Plans.
If you are willing to be dedicated in your role with a positive attitude, you can go far with Marriott.
Apply now and start your journey with Marriott , it could be ‘Where you Belong'
We are looking for a Culinary Apprentice who is passionate about food and ready to embark on a career as a Marriott Chef.
Are you able to work well within a team and have the passion and drive to learn new skills within a busy 4 star hotel kitchen?
In addition to the huge amount of general Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel Benefits, as part of the Kitchen team you will also receive:
· Service Charge and Gratuities paid out monthly.
· Opportunity to develop your career through further culinary training including special Marriott apprenticeship workshops.
Hours of Work:
The successful applicant will be contracted to work 40 hours over 5 days including early mornings, evenings and weekends [this includes 1 day at College].
The successful Culinary Apprentice will be expected to attend College 1 day per week in order to achieve their NVQ L2 Professional Cookery Qualification.
Job Tasks include:
· Learning how to prepare Breakfast, Buffet Lunches, a la Carte Dining, Bar Meals and Room Service.
· Learning how to prepare Banquet meals and private dining including Weddings, Conference lunches and Parties.
· Completing required Level 2 Professional Cookery Course, ensuring excellent attendance levels.
· Shadowing experienced Chefs to learn more about the kitchen environment and what it takes to succeed as a Chef.
· Communicate and work closely with the Food and Beverage Service team to ensure prompt service and full understanding of menu items.
· Assist in the preparation of daily specials to develop culinary skills and creativity.
· Report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to Manager.
· Speak with others using clear and professional language. Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with others.
· Standing and walking for an extended period of time. Reaching overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Moving, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, and placing objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
Hollins Hall is beautifully set in a prime location near Bradford, West Yorkshire, close to Leeds, the Yorkshire Dales and Salts Mill.
Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
This four star hotel has a focus on culinary excellence and is part of Marriott International, the worlds' largest hotel company. This member of exclusive UK Marriott country clubs provides associates with extensive, ongoing training and development for long term career opportunities.
In addition, Hollins Hall proudly showcases an 18-hole championship golf course, top-quality on-site dining options and a cutting-edge leisure club with tranquil spa.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.