Makerble is a social and environmental impact startup. Our mission is to accelerate the impact of the world's charities. We do this by providing a digital platform (www.makerble
) that charities and foundations can use to track, improve and communicate their impact.
- Only 8% of charities use software to track their impact.
- £665million would be given extra to charity each year if people believed that their donations would have an impact
Our mission is to solve these two problems and your role will be to spread our message to charities and foundations so that more of them start using the Makerble platform to track, improve and communicate their impact.
If you want an internship where you'll be making coffee and doing photocopying, this is not the role for you. At Makerble you will be given real responsibility from day one. We are looking for interns with a drive to succeed, a passion for making the world a better place and the willingness to be proactive, learn from their mistakes and be optimistic. We provide a supportive, nurturing environment where you will be working closely with one of the founders of the startup and will receive weekly feedback on your performance.
Watch the exit interviews of previous interns.http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL … HI7l2-t0XI
This is a role suited to someone
Your responsibilities will include:
- researching potential charities and foundations that could benefit from Makerble
- identifying relevant people within those charities and contacting them through a mix of twitter, emails and friendly phone calls
- attending meetings with charities and foundations (these will typically be Heads of Departments or even CEOs. Initially we will attend these meetings with you until you are comfortable doing them yourself)
- social media marketing
- generating ideas for effective marketing strategies and campaigns
- reviewing the effectiveness of our current marketing strategies by looking at Google Analytics and other analytics tools that we will train you to use
- identifying influencers within the charity sector and reaching out to them
- occasionally writing blog articles, filming basic YouTube videos, doing Facebook Lives
- occasionally organising events
- attending networking events that enable us to meet relevant people within charities and foundations