Longitude is looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual to fulfil an internship in our project management team. You will be working in a fast-moving environment and will combine your top-notch organisational skills with an ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing, and to keep track of all project detail in an orderly and logical manner. Attention to detail and an ability to multi-task is crucial to this role, as is being structured in your approach, with an aptitude for following process while remaining flexible and adaptable as a project changes.
What’s the role?
This is a 3-4 month internship, where you’d be helping to support the existing project managers to run their projects. Depending on performance and other external factors, there may be an opportunity for this to turn into a permanent position.
Initial tasks in the assistant project manager role include, but are not limited to:
• Shadowing the existing Pproject Mmanagers on their relevant projects
• Setting up meetings and calls, both internally and with clients
• Assisting with meeting agendas, meeting summary notes etc. for both internal and client calls and meetings
• Creating and helping to maintain project timelines
• Coordinating the internal team, reminding them about upcoming deadlines
• Maintaining our internal project processes eg. project updates on our PM software, setting up new time-tracking projects, maintaining project folders, updating project action logs, etc.
• Supporting the project managers in client communication and ensuring the project is on track
• Supporting the Project Managers in client communication as necessary, including potentially replying to clients directly on the Project Manager’s behalf
• Helping the Project Managers ensure their projects are on track by monitoring key deadlines and project issues, and flagging these as appropriate
• Managing and briefing suppliers, ensuring deadlines are met and briefs are fully understood.
• Helping to input into and review project P&Ls
• Coordinating with the editorial team to ensure quality checks of content outputs are carried out throughout the lifecycle of the project
• Coordinating with the research team to ensure quality checks are carried out throughout fieldwork and in the production of final survey results
• Where appropriate, helping to maintain interview trackers and manage the process, coordinating transcription of audio files with external suppliers, and occasionally setting up interviews with the editors.
Please note - Due to the expected volume of applicants we may not be able to send you a personal response but only communicate with you if your application is successful.