London Children’s Ballet aims to inspire the pursuit of excellence and change lives through dance. Every year LCB produces an original narrative ballet in London’s West End, providing talented young dancers from all backgrounds with a free and unique opportunity to dance as part of a professional ballet production and also providing a platform for emerging choreographers, composers and designers. In addition, LCB has a number of social outreach programmes which extend the joy of dance into the community, reaching the most disadvantaged groups and those with little or no arts access.
This is an exciting year for LCB as we are expanding our outreach programme and preparing for our ballet production of The Secret Garden at the Lyric Hammersmith at the end of May 2017. The LCB 5 month voluntary position is ideal for someone who is keen to obtain a broad understanding of arts administration and how a professional production runs.
As part of this voluntary role, you will have the opportunity to:
• Work as part of the team at LCB’s office in London.
• Provide support for key projects including:
o Analysis and development of ballet school relationships
o Liaising with schools and community groups as part of our Ballet for £1 programme
• Get involved in fundraising by undertaking research and assisting with projects as needed.
• Work as a runner during production week at the Peacock Theatre
• Support a social media campaign and help develop online content.
• Support the office, with tasks including: assisting with large mailouts, taking post to the Post Office, data entry, answering the phone.