Owns and supports key tools, processes and programs to sustain and improve the stores’ overall operations with a primary focus on Supplies/Packaging along with supporting the overall tracking of Core Operations budget and line items.
• Executes the supply program process from procurement to fulfillment in stores
• Trains business partners on the use of Ariba Supply Management system to keep program supplies current and up to date.
• Maintains and updates store tools as needed to align with project and program initiatives. This includes but is not limited to Operational Checklist, and supply and packaging ordering tools.
• Use business insights and regional nuances to support store packaging and supply programs and allocations (i.e. country-specific holidays, events etc.)
• Influence packaging and supply buys to support high velocity time periods and approver of packaging and supply buys and special purchase orders
• Responsible for operationalizing packaging program for stores
• Supports the stores’ $100M annual budget tracker to help manage and balance all core operations budgets.
• Supports EOC relations, operational process updates and other core operational initiatives as necessary.
• Supports regulatory state specific programs and other core operational initiatives as necessary.
• Managing multiple timeline driven projects at once to ensure store RE activities are executed focusing on the associate and customer experience.
• Collaborates with cross-functional partners to balance stores’ operational needs.
• Supports Regional and District Managers by communicating effectively and executing on their behalf, throughout the lifecycle of the projects.
• Supports field and Home Office leadership in communication, implementation and monitoring of store RE activities.
• Other special projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years of experience in Store Operations or Victoria’s Secret stores as an Assistant Store Manager or Store Manager.
• Strong project management skills a plus.
• Experience building project decks and ability to present and influencing various levels of leadership required.
• Ability to travel 3- 6 days a quarter on average.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel PowerPoint and general working knowledge of Adobe Creative Series (In Design).
• Has a strong focus on the customer, collaboration, innovation, simplification and acts with urgency.
• Strong business acumen
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Experience managing budgets (or line items) over $1M seasonally a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills required.
• Able to multi-task while managing multiple projects and priorities.
• Detail oriented with creative problem-solving abilities.
• Able to make decisions with speed to positively impact business operations.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams and working collaboratively to meet business objectives.
An equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category recognized by state, federal or local laws. We only hire individuals authorized for employment in the United States.