Length of Internship on offer: 6 months
Date required: Feb 2018 - August 2018
THIS IS A PAID INTERNSHIP - 35hrs /week
Requirement to work Saturday and Sunday every other week.
Candidates with French, German and English would be at an immediate advantage
Our ongoing sales growth and plans for the development of the business will provide career opportunities for the very best bilingual talent. In return we offer genuine hands on opportunities to learn about many elements of our business.
From the early days of the company there has always been willing to give local students and graduates a chance to get involved in all elements of the business. Whether it’s a summer job, a first step into full time work or a work experience placement, we have found that when people are given these opportunities they grab it with both hands. This year’s interns from Germany and France are helping to extend our sales across Europe and making valuable contributions in many areas of the business. As well as the experience they are picking up in the workplace, they are also getting a chance to live in a vibrant English city, meet new people and have some fun.
- outlook to life that sees the opportunities rather than barriers.
- commercially astute, with an entrepreneurial streak.
- passionate about providing a high quality customer experience.
- fluent in writing and speaking German as well as English in a business setting.
- a strong interest in the German marketplace and consumer behaviour.
- used to identifying opportunities to do things differently, showing flexibility and a willingness to rise to the challenge.
- used to relying on initiative in an environment where not all processes and principles are prescribed.
- flexible with work duties and hours as required by the team and business.
- strong attention to detail and a desire to always learn and improve
- confident decision maker with the ability to quickly define what needs doing and prioritise actions in order to get things done
- can interact with German and UK customers and others in the working environment showing empathy and integrity.
Sounds exciting? Then we would like to hear from you.
- Read through the requirements carefully and be honest …. do we sound like a good fit for you?
- Email us with your CV and an interesting supporting statement of no more than 150 words. (Candidates without a supporting statement will not be considered.)
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on the phone and if successful we will help pay the costs of travelling to Portsmouth for a short trial of up to two days.