Description de l'offre
At Lavanda, we believe people are at the heart of what we do. Behind our Technology, Hospitality and Data are great people. We love great people. So much so, we want more of them. Including you!
We’re on the hunt for a Finance Intern to join our growing team in London. If you’re wanting to gain an incredible insight into the finances behind a startup and learn how companies operate and scale in a fast-paced environment, then we want to hear from you.
Initially for 3 months, but with the opportunity for the right candidate to join us full time (both now or in the future), we’re looking for someone who is hungry to succeed in the world of finance.
You’ll work alongside our Finance Team to assist with the day-to-day administration and learn about the vital role that accounting plays in a business such as ours. You’ll be expected to work hard, but in return, you’ll be given unparalleled responsibility from day one.
Across the 3 months you’ll gain first hand experience working within the finance department through a range of tasks. The list of tasks would involve bank reconciliations for company current and client accounts; company credit card reconciliation, importation of receivable invoices from Lavanda’s in-house app; supplier invoice review and allocation within accounting system; preparation of supplier payment runs twice a month; chase up missing receipts from each team to ensure information is captured in correct reporting period & any ad hoc requests from other departments within the business.
Our ideal candidate is:
Intuitive: Your attention to detail is second to none. You’re able to spot things that others miss and will constantly find new and innovative ways to improve on how we do things.
Driven: You’re hungry to succeed and will always over-deliver. You don’t mind going the extra mile and will do everything you can to stand out and progress within our fast-growing organisation.
Knowledgeable: You’ve had some exposure to the world of accounting or finance. Perhaps you have previously completed some work experience, or were Treasurer of your University Society. Whatever you’ve done previously, you’re able to show a basic understanding and real passion for the subject matter.
Fun: You want to join a group of like-minded people who would actually choose to be friends with the people they work with. Yes, we really exist!
- You hold a good degree (2:1 or above) from a top-tier university.
- You're motivated by being a key player in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment. You’re hungry for responsibility and want to progress fast within the business.
- You are technology savvy and understand the critical role that tech plays in scaling complex operations. - If you have knowledge of Xero, that’s also a bonus.
- You take huge pride in how you are perceived by your colleagues and customers and are always happy to dig deep and go the extra mile whenever required. You only stop when the job is done.
- You're passionate about the sharing economy and its potential to disrupt both the property and hospitality industries.