KPMG Business Services
Service Line Information
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
The Global Collaboration and Knowledge [GC&K] department reports to the Global Head of GC&K and works collaboratively across a number of teams to deliver an integrated GC&K service. We work closely with functions and member firms to provide collaboration and knowledge programs and products that enable KPMG employees to turn knowledge into insights and value for KPMG and our clients. Our operating model connects our stakeholders with Business Relationship Managers and Capability Hubs to create a compelling set of knowledge and collaboration products and services. Our mission is to apply a customer-centric and execution-focused approach to connect KPMG professionals across the globe to intelligent content to better serve our clients.
Communities are made-up of experts or people with a common interest. They enable richer relationships to be developed, trust to be established and target outcomes to be achieved and rewarded. The GC&K Community Enablement Program will enable KPMG to leverage best-practice community management approaches to achieve business goals such as:
- More effectively supporting clients through peer-to-peer knowledge sharing.
- More quickly ramping-up new employees by giving them access to the tacit expertise of peers
- Accelerating and improving innovation cycles by better connecting market needs and internal expertise through co-creation, ideation and iterative feedback loops.
- Reducing duplication by encouraging and enabling employees to easily share their expertise.
- More effectively recognizing and rewarding the expertise of community members.
- Reacting more quickly and effectively to market opportunities or threats.
The Community Strategist will support the Capability Lead – Community Enablement Hub. They will own and lead the delivery of best practice community enablement services to KPMG firms and functions.
They will be skilled at developing effective community strategies. They will be able to track the way business goals and community goals align. They will create community strategies that balance the business goals with the needs of community members. They will effectively balance the need for short term wins with identifying where investment is required to sustain deep and lasting community engagement. They will balance the purpose of the community with the direction members may want to take it.
The Community Strategist will understand how both emergent leaders (community advocates) and formal leaders (Partners) influence community performance. They will be skilled at securing Partner sponsorship and participation as well as emergent community leadership and involvement in the community ecosystem.
They will understand the cultural norms and dynamics of communities and their impact on participation and engagement. They will be skilled at ensuring productive communities, enabling progress towards business goals by encouraging member engagement, and evangelizing the effort internally - to individuals, a team or the broader firm network.
They will be skilled at the tools, technology infrastructure and features that give members access to content, activity and each other. They will understand how measurement of community initiatives helps business groups understand why they are taking particular approaches and what results they are seeing when they do.
- Supports the Capability Lead - Community Enablement Hub in developing the overarching governance framework, policies, methods, tools and related resources required to establish, maintain and monitor a best-practice Community Enablement program.
- Working across multiple projects, the Community Strategist leads the development of community strategies in conjunction with business stakeholders including helping to identify community objectives that address business problems and trigger the creation of value. Develops a community roadmap to translate the strategy into action by outlining the key activities, milestones and resources required for effective outcomes.
- Determines how best to apply methods, tools and related program governance when establishing communities. Plans how to apply community management techniques strategically in ways that encourage and reward behavior change.
- Ensures the proper integration of relevant C&K offerings into the community. Develops a content and tools strategy aligned with the community strategy in partnership with community stakeholders and C&K colleagues. Researches and recommends tools and techniques that enable engagement and behavior change.
- Use tools and templates to help frame metrics that matter to the community and that support a value-centric narrative of community growth and ROI. Analyses metrics data to understand and assess the performance of the community.
- Advocates for and builds support for the community internally. Monitors and listens to understand stakeholder and community member needs.
- Works jointly with the Capability Lead - Community Enablement Hub to provide input into forums and Steering Groups to ensure that Community Enablement requirements are considered and met.
Technical Skills & Qualifications
• MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project)
- Strong knowledge of SharePoint, 0365 and web technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise of digital technologies and how these are evolving. Strong grounding in collaboration & knowledge, including portals, people findability, enterprise collaboration technologies, content management systems and related technologies.
- Strong understanding of knowledge and collaboration platform best practices, principles and emerging technologies.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of analytics for knowledge and collaboration and how it can enhance business activity in a global environment
- Strong understanding and knowledge of complex technologies and services in the marketplace.
Experience & Knowledge
As subject matter experts in community management, Community Strategists will have a clear perspective on how to optimize and measure community performance, they will have strong analytical and technical skills and be good decision makers.
- Demonstrates a broad-based view of issues, events and activities and a perception of their longer term impact or wider implications.
- Substantial practical experience of providing forward-thinking knowledge management services to a large complex business group, with demonstrable commercial awareness.
- The ability to swiftly develop a sound understanding of the business landscape community enablement operates in.
- A good understanding of the use of technology and its potential to impact the delivery of community enablement services.
- Comfortable leading communities in ambiguous situations, communicating and persisting in change efforts.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Program management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Documented high performer over a sustained period.
- High comfort level working and collaborating in a virtual, global environment.
- Highly responsive with demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to customer needs to provide guidance.
- Experience building or contributing to end-to-end knowledge sharing solutions, initiatives, processes and culture.
Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs!
Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams.
Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us.
Applying with a Disability
As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality. We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. KPMG is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic background.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy