At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Role and Responsibilities:
Our audit practice in Aberdeen is a centre of excellence for oil & gas, shown by the strength of our local client base in the city and the international work which is carried out by all grades of staff.
Our audit practice has increased its turnover by 50% over the past 4 years, and our team has increased in size by an equivalent amount.The team of 60 is made of up home grown Aberdeen talent and team members who have moved from the rest of Scotland and the UK, and internationally, to take advantage of the expertise and breadth of work on offer in Aberdeen.
- Planning and project managing all aspects of audits.
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager on a day to day basis.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability.
- Demonstrating practical knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS, and IAS.
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential.
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified ACA or equivalent qualification.
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Good working knowledge of e-audit
- Coaches less experienced staff.
Multiple positions available
Opening date: 19/02/2019
Closing date: 19/03/2019
Competitive salary plus negotiable bonus and benefits