KPMG is one of the leading audit practices in the UK whose success and reputation depends upon the quality and integrity of our services - and our people. If you join our audit team, you could benefit from increased amounts of training and education to keep you up to speed with current changes in audit regulation and accounting and auditing standards.
KPMG Cambridge provides Corporate, Financial Services and Public Sector services. Clients include a large electronics and information technology business, a well-known European transportation, logistics and supply chain solutions company, an American multinational home appliance company, and a leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies, formulation and manufacturing solutions for drugs. The audit department is made up of approximately 75 employees and led by 2 Partners and is supported by other services; including Corporate Tax, Indirect Tax, Pensions and Restructuring. There has been significant success over the last four years and we are now looking to further grow the team. If you are a highly motivated newly qualified accountant with experience of leading audit teams on clients on a range of both IFRS and UK GAAP, then we’d like to hear from you. We are also able to provide US GAAP and SOX experience in role.
Our Cambridge office has a modern, open plan environment. It is conveniently located in central Cambridge, on Hills Road, just a 5 minute walk from the train station and has sufficient parking for all office based staff. The glass fronted building can boast views across Cambridge and is perfectly situated in the middle of the on-going development around the train station.
As an assistant manager you will get to work with a wide range of clients within a cross functional office. Our client base is from a wide range of business sectors, ranging in size from owner-managed businesses to multi-national organisations. Many of our clients are subsidiaries of overseas companies giving our work a truly international perspective.
- Planning and project managing all aspects of audits.
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager on a day to day basis.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Demonstrating practical knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS, and IAS.
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential.
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business.
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits.
- Identifies and pursues business opportunities.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work.
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work.
- Continuously learns from experiences.
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities.
- Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback. Coaches less experienced staff.
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information.
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience.
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external).
Qualifications and Skills
- Recently qualified ACA or equivalent qualification. We will also consider candidates who are exam qualified and nearing full qualification / membership.
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Good working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Experience of US GAAP would be an advantage although not essential