Description de l'offre
Assistant Investment Consultant - Transitions
Service Line Information
The KPMG Pensions Team are always questioning conventional thinking, helping our clients’ businesses thrive by ensuring their pension schemes are as effective as possible. We have a breadth of roles across our dynamic sectors, each one offering the opportunity to get involved in exciting work and deliver bespoke solutions. You’ll be given the training and development you need to decipher complex concepts and the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities in your chosen sector.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
We are looking for individuals with the ability to combine strong project management skills, good organisational and interpersonal skills, with high attention to detail.
The role will include:
- Project managing live transition exercises – these range from relatively simple single/two manager activities, to large multi manager/asset class projects
- Constructing project plans/timelines and draft documentation required for the projects
- Researching mechanics of various pooled funds/segregated mandates to find implementation solutions to enable clients to move to their desired asset portfolios
- Calculating cost and fee estimates and managing project budgets.
- Undertaking research that falls to the Transitions team to help improve the team offering (e.g.: transition managers, FX, custody etc)
- Checking work produced by colleagues
- Coaching other members of the investment team on transition specific issues
Applicants should have a degree or equivalent qualification and also have evidence of a good numerical ability.
Experience within pensions/investment may be advantageous, however specific experience within transitions is not a pre-requisite.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to draft clear and precise instructions
- Able to take on a high level of responsibility at an early stage
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to listen to the requirements of a project and then lead on it to completion
- The ability to work effectively in a team
- Highly organised and a methodical thinker to ensure projects are prioritised appropriately
- Willingness to manage multiple tasks to demanding timeframes when required
- Be responsible for delivering projects to a number of colleagues at varying levels across different locations within the UK.
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy