Assistant Manager – Pensions Actuarial
Service Line Information
The KPMG Pensions Team are always questioning conventional thinking, helping our clients’ businesses thrive by ensuring their pension schemes are as effective as possible. We have a breadth of roles across our dynamic sectors, each one offering the opportunity to get involved in exciting work and deliver bespoke solutions. You’ll be given the training and development you need to decipher complex concepts and the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities in your chosen sector.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
In the Pensions team we deliver professional pensions consulting advice on a wide range of corporate and trustee pension issues. Projects include:
- Trustee projects including triennial actuarial valuations, actuarial updates, factor reviews and CETV basis reviews
- Managing the day to day running of schemes on behalf of our trustee clients, including liaising with the administration teams
- Pensions strategy projects such as benefit change and scheme design
- Corporate projects such as advice on company accounting disclosures, liability management feasibility and implementation and long term journey planning
- De-risking projects such as buy-outs and buy-ins
- Helping clients with the pensions aspect of Mergers & acquisitions involving both UK and international pensions arrangements
- Supporting the audit teams in auditing the actuarial aspects of financial statements
Role and Responsibilities
- Produce technically excellent and consistently accurate calculations with clear audit trail
- Produce high quality deliverables addressing key client issues
- Manage your own time and that of reports effectively to consistently meet all deadlines
- Take responsibility for and manage small projects / audits (including appropriate delegation fee analysis and billing)
- Regularly monitor all aspects of risk compliance
- Show awareness of commercial issues and occasionally applies this to identify potential opportunities for clients
- Look for opportunities for direct internal and external client contact
- Studying for the FIA actuarial exams and making good progress
Experience and Background
- At least three years’ experience working in the pensions industry
- Good understanding of UK pensions landscape and issues facing clients
- Consistently able to work at high level of intensity whilst maintaining a professional and positive approach
- Fully engaged and taking responsibility for own performance
- Contributes to the development of others
- Seeks opportunities to develop internal KPMG network and knowledge of other areas of the business
Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs!
Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams.
Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us.
Applying with a Disability
As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality. We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. KPMG is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic background.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy