Our clients are facing a future of massive disruption driven by regulatory change, customer expectations, new competition and technology innovation. KPMG is expanding its Corporates (telecoms, media, technology, defence and energy) Management Consulting team to help these companies to successfully navigate this disruption and take advantage of new opportunities.
There are four core areas within in the Customer team: Strategy, Experience Design, Transformation and Digital. This role is within our Experience Design practice.
The role as Assistant Manager within the Experience Design part of the Customer and Digital function is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a creative, energetic and rapidly growing team within KPMG.
Typically the role will involve working within workstream or project at a client focussed on improving their employee or customer experience. It’s a client facing role which will generally mean working with clients in their offices from Monday to Thursday each week.
Projects also regularly involve working within a wider a multidisciplinary team with technical, business, data science, business management, finance or IT skills as well.
Alongside the project work there will be opportunities to develop the Customer practice, contribute to sales and take advantage of the extensive training and opportunities working at KPMG brings.
Moreover, working in the team will also give you access to the latest insight from our KPMG Nunwood Customer Experience Excellence Centre.
The Assistant Manager’s key responsibilities will include:
- Working on Experience Design projects to understand, design and transform both customer and employee experiences. This will include
- Capturing and distilling customer/employee insight
- Creating personas
- Building as-is journey maps
- Generating, prioritising and developing opportunities
- Contributing to the design of future experiences
- Prototyping and iterating parts of the journey
- Supporting with workshop design and facilitation
- Liaising with the KPMG graphics team
- Contributing to the running of the UK Design Centre of Excellence and development of the Design practice (this may include team communications, method development etc)
- Supporting the development of proposals
- Keeping up to date with latest trends in Customer Experience
- We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic to join a dynamic and fast growing part of our business, and who will play a key role in delivering Experience Design projects in the UK.
- Comes from a design, internal customer experience or management consulting background.
- Has an understanding of Experience Design
- Has experience of working on projects that have resulted in capturing the understanding of the journey today and redesigning what it will look like in the future
- Ideally comes with experience of working within at least one of the following industries - oil & gas, utilities, retail, telco, FMCG, defence and transport & infrastructure.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in tackling complex assignments, balancing competing priorities and managing multiple stakeholders.
Essential Skills and Experience
More specifically the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following key skills:
- An understanding of the design thinking ethos of human centre design and what makes a good customer experience
- Ability to capture and distil customer insight
- Creative problem solving ability, inquisitive mind-set, comfortable with working in ambiguous situations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver high quality work under time pressure.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands. We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.