The growing Accounting Advisory Services team is seeking an Assistant Manager to utilise financial accounting and auditing skills to deliver value adding solutions to clients in the Aerospace and Defence sectors.
The team predominately provides specialist accounting and financial advice, assurance and support to public sector clients operating within the A&D sector. Typical engagements delivered by the team include advising on accounting and budgetary reporting requirements, contract reviews, financial analysis, technical accounting advice under the FReM and quasi-assurance projects performing agreed upon procedures. The team also provides accounting and finance advice to private companies within the A&D sectors with a focus on support to the tendering for public sector contracts and the implications of submissions for public sector budgets.
Depending on the department’s needs and your own goals, there may also be an opportunity to work on public sector accounting advice projects in sectors outside of A&D.
This is an exciting opportunity to utilise your accounting and audit experience to produce strategic and innovative solutions for our clients. Once an established member of the AAS defence team, you will also be given the chance to contribute to the overall growth strategy of a team with a very promising future!
• Member of team delivering accounting related engagements, advising clients in the defence sector – depending on the size and nature of project, the individual may be required to manage a small team of junior staff.
• Providing robust accounting advice and financial analysis to support the client’s accounting and financial functions and responsibilities.
• Harnessing and analysing large amounts of data – some of which may be non-financial - in order to inform client decisions.
• Providing high quality input and supporting evidence of deliverables to demanding timescales.
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals.
• Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities, and general practice development.
Key skills and competencies required
• Qualified accountant.
• Minimum of 1 year of Financial Statement audit experience.
• Candidate must either hold, or be capable of obtaining, Security Clearance from the UK Government. Note: an individual’s nationality is not a barrier to obtaining Security Clearance, however, in order to be vetted, applicants will need to demonstrate a reasonable period of residency in UK.
• Knowledge of public sector accounting rules, procedures, and processes desirable, but not mandatory.
• Experience of the defence sector desirable, but not mandatory.
• Enquiring mind.
• Willingness to travel (The team’s major clients are based in the Bristol area).
• Ability to build strong client and colleague relationships.
• Willingness to learn and to try new things.
• Analytical ability and attention to detail.
• Problem solving.
• Experience in managing large amounts of financial data (Excel format).