Are you a nearly qualified or fully qualified Actuary?
· Do you have experience in the area of either Life or Non-Life?
· Are you looking to move into a firm that will enable you to progress your career?
KPMG have ambitious plans given continued growth across traditional life and non-life insurance and reinsurance fields and also across healthcare, data & analytics and banking. We can offer opportunities for progression, challenging projects, a market-leading learning and development programme and a collaborative environment.
Actuarial opportunities with KPMG
We are looking to further grow our actuarial team and we are looking to recruit a number of roles at qualified and part qualified actuary level to assist in the development of our team.
The range of practical work experience would include working in the non-life and life insurance or reinsurance environment with a preference for those with a financial reporting, capital, financial modelling or data analytics background. Key skills would include:
· Strong technical skills;
· Financial modelling capabilities;
· Coding, automation and data analytics capabilities;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Ability to work on own initiative and manage time effectively;
· A team player who can integrate into small multi-disciplinary teams,
· Eager to expand knowledge and skills given the broaden nature of the work; and
· Good commercial awareness.
The candidate would work closely with actuaries in our practice covering a range of services such as:
· Liaising with a portfolio of clients and advising on all relevant actuarial issues;
· Provision of outsourced actuarial services;
· Provision of formal actuarial opinions across a wide range of technical issues;
· Independent actuarial assessments including reserve reviews, portfolio transfers, expert opinions, transfer pricing support and company valuations for merger & acquisition;
· Profitability reviews and pricing support;
· Work with KPMG's multi-disciplinary professionals on assisting our clients across audit, tax, corporate finance, regulatory, risk and management/ IT consulting;
· Involved in the development of KPMG's initiatives across Solvency II, IFRS 17 and other emerging regulatory, accounting and actuarial requirements;
· Involved in the development of the Actuarial practice capabilities in Banking and in particular credit risk modelling;
· Involved in the development of the Advisory practice capabilities in Data & Analytics;
· Responsibility for training and monitoring actuarial trainees together with reviewing their work at qualified actuary level;
· Taking an active role in development of the practice including building and maintaining effective relationships with clients.
KPMG Actuarial Practice
The Actuarial Advisory practice offers a full range of services to our insurance and reinsurance across independent actuarial reviews, outsourced statutory actuarial roles, Solvency II advice, internal/ standard model development and validation, technical support to our audit practice, financial reporting advice, resource support and working alongside other KPMG professionals including tax, regulatory, risk management, data & analytics and management/ IT consulting advisory services.
The actuarial practice has been established for a number of years and we are looking to further grow the team as part of a further stage of expansion to meet the growing demands of the insurance sector due to the continued regulatory, accounting, market and strategic challenges and the continued attractiveness of Ireland as a location for our clients.
Hard work is rewarded at KPMG:
We offer excellent remuneration packages at all levels. We take pride in recognising and rewarding hard work and achievement through regular promotions, which take place twice yearly.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Creating an inclusive culture where all our people achieve their potential is fundamental to our business. In addition, our employees have the option to avail of our flexible working policies/intelligent working arrangements. To learn more about diversity at KPMG, click here
If you are interested in the above role, please submit a CV via the apply button. If you have any specific queries on the role, please contact Sinead Galvin on
For an interactive insight into life at KPMG, make sure to follow us on social media! We can be found on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Snapchat at the following handle-
By clicking apply to this role your application will not only be considered for this position but your details will be stored on our database and may be considered for similar future positions that may arise. This means that the personal data contained in your application and provided to KPMG as part of the application process may be retained by us for up to 18 months from the date of your application and you hereby agree to that. If you do not wish your details to be stored on our recruitment database please email stating this and we will ensure that such information is not stored other than for the purposes of this application.