Sr. Associate, Data Scientist Optimization - Machine Learning
46269 - 19
Area of Interest:
Innovate. Collaborate. Shine. Digital Lighthouse houses KPMG's specialized capabilities across the digital landscape: applied data science, AI, data engineering and insights, software engineering, automation, and big data. Here, you'll work with a sophisticated team of professionals to explore solutions for clients in a multiplatform environment. This means your ability to find answers is limited only by your creativity in leveraging a vast array of techniques and tools. Be a part of a high-energy, unique, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. In this particular role, you'll work specifically in the AI Analytics & Engineering Community within the Digital Lighthouse, on a wide range of projects. From applied AI to optimization to big data platform engineering, your analytical and technical skills will drive real impact in the business world. So, bring your ingenuity and pioneering spirit to KPMG Digital Lighthouse.
KPMG is currently seeking a Sr. Associate to join ourKPMG Lighthouse - Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics.
· Apply various discrete optimization techniques to generate solutions to large-scale optimization problems for KPMG clients, such as resource planning, scheduling, facility location, and network optimization; techniques may include integer programming including commercial solvers, event simulation, dynamic programming, local heuristics, metaheuristics and more
· Develop predictive models using machine learning, natural language, and statistical analysis methods such as classification, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and validation tools
· Perform exploratory data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data, and identify patterns
· Work directly with KPMG clients and stakeholders to present and explain the key techniques and major results generated using non-technical language; Understand client feedback and be able to accommodate it into model through programming
· Come up with innovative, repeatable, business use cases for real world optimization techniques and quickly develop prototypes to test these use cases
· Utilize a diverse array of technologies and tools as needed, to deliver insights, such as R, SAS, Python, Tableau and more
· Minimum of three years' experience utilizing a strong mathematical background with advanced knowledge in one or more of the following fields: discrete optimization, integer programming (including commercial optimization solvers), discrete-event simulation, dynamic programming, local search heuristics, genetic algorithms, or other metaheuristics
· Master's degree in Operations Research, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, or related field from an accredited college/university with three years of relevant experience; PhD from an accredited college/university with some experience is preferred
· Proficiency in data analysis packages (e.g. R, SAS, and Matlab), programming languages (e.g. Java, Python, Ruby) as well as the ability to implement, maintain, debug and test; Experience in commercial optimization solvers (e.g. CPLEX, Gurobi, Xpress) is preferred
· Experience in software development, ideally as part of a team using version control systems such as Git or SVN; Capability to work with team members and clients to assess needs, provide assistance, and resolve problems, using excellent problem-solving skills, verbal/written communication; able to present and explain technical concepts to business audiences
· Ability to travel up to eighty percent of the time
· Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Theattached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.