Responsibilities & Profile
Your contribution to KPMG
· Advising clients on a wide range of Swiss tax issues including tax residence matters, cross-border tax implications, social security matters, taxable benefits and tax reconciliation processes
· Preparing Swiss tax returns with international exposure, tax equalization calculations and tax projections for individuals
· Managing a portfolio of approximately 150 individuals, conduct arrival and departure meetings with our internationally mobile private clients
· Preparing and reviewing correspondence with tax authorities in relation to tax notices and/or audits for expatriates
· Negotiation with the tax authorities regarding tax ruling, tax appeals and complex tax situation
· Communicate with individual taxpayers and other KPMG offices, as well as HR and Payroll contacts at our corporate clients
· For Assistant Manager grade, build strong relationships with our client's executives and act as a central point of contact for the Swiss local HR as well as for other KPMG offices on clients you will be responsible for
This is what makes you successful
· Master in Law or Business Law preferably with major in tax, or any related degree
· A minimum of 3 years' experience in individual tax, with a Big 4 or consulting background in Switzerland
· Solid experience in advising international clients
· Fluent in French and in English. German is a plus
· Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service, excellent organizational skills and ability to work under tight deadlines, initiative
· Be able to demonstrate team spirit and able to work in a multicultural environment
· Analytically minded
Targeted career development and internal and external attractive training and further education options
Possibilities for global and Switzerland-wide mobility across all sectors and locations
25-30 days of leave, option for compensation of overtime (with the exception of management staff); management staff receive an additional 4 to 6 days of leave
Maternity leave of 16 weeks, paternity leave of 5 days and free advice from the external family service
Ancillary benefits may apply to certain positions (e.g. fixed-contract positions).
Your salary in this position will be in line with industry standards and will depend on your professional experience and education. During the recruitment process we will negotiate your salary with you according to our guidelines. Any salary ranges published on external platforms for this position have not been agreed with KPMG and do not apply.
KPMG as an employer
Your future team
Global Mobility is about companies moving their employees around the world. This gives rise to all sorts of considerations, including how these mobile people are taxed, what is the best way to structure compensation and assets and how the individuals and their employer comply with the various income tax and social security laws in force around the world. KPMG's GMS team focusses on all aspects of mobility including tax compliance and advisory and providing support to our clients' HR and Tax teams.
KPMG is known for providing clear and consistent solutions in the areas of auditing and advisory services. The broad palette of services across many subject matters and industries allows the provision of multidisciplinary services from a single source for our clients on the one hand and diverse careers and development options for our employees on the other hand. Our dealings are fair and frank and we strive to always look at the results of our work through the eyes of our clients. At KPMG, we are aware that if we add value for our clients, we also do the same for ourselves.