Process Improvement Analyst – Tax Centre of Excellence
Service Line Information
KPMG's Tax Centre of Excellence carries out the vast majority of the tax compliance work across the whole UK Firm and comprises over over 300 qualified tax compliance experts and supporting staff. Our vision is to become the most respected compliance team in the UK and help our clients cope with their rapidly changing tax compliance needs. We have 3 main locations in Glasgow, Manchester and Birmingham, but also support a large number of remote workers, in short we offer flexibility in our ways of working. Over the next 2 years we are looking to increase both our scope of specialisations and our service offering as well as deploying class leading tax technology to deliver a great service to KPMG's clients.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
From our base locations in Glasgow and Bangalore, the Client Operations Team provides support to our client facing colleagues in a variety of ways. The team consists of a cross section of skillsets including Administrators, Business Analysts, Developers, MI Analysts and Process Improvement specialists who provide the necessary expertise in the journey to deliver operational excellence for teams within the Tax, Pensions and Legal teams within KPMG.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Process Improvement Manager, this role is based at our Tax Centre of Excellence in Glasgow City Centre. The successful applicant will join a team of Process Improvement and Change Management professionals and will be responsible for supporting the change program across multiple business lines to achieve business goals through delivering and embedding change.
The role has no direct reports and the successful applicant will be required to lead change through others in support of an operation of 400+ people across multiple centres in onshore and offshore operations. Cross cultural awareness and experience are highly advantageous, while being able to demonstrate the ability to proactively build and maintain strong internal networks is essential.
Main responsibilities include:
- Working with business/process stakeholders to identify improvement opportunities and building business case for change
- Lead small/medium sized projects from initiation through to implementation (experience of delivery through various project methodologies beneficial, e.g. DMAIC, Agile)
- Work with Business Analysts and Technical Teams to develop solutions (e.g. Automation)
- Coach team members on project and process improvement tools/techniques to develop skills and build a culture of Continuous Improvement
- Facilitate Process/Value Stream Mapping workshops
- Support deployment and development of Visual Management within operational teams
- PMO activities (reporting, governance, co-ordination)
The ability to engage, communicate and relate to our community of tax professionals together with strong demonstrated change management skills and experience are essential, with a track record of having successfully supported change programs in a shared services environment.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Change management qualifications (e.g. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, Business Analysis qualifications)
- Extensive and demonstrable experience in use of process improvement tools (e.g. process mapping, value stream mapping, visual management, kaizen facilitation)
- Working knowledge of project associated software (e.g. MS Visio, MS Project, JIRA, Minitab/Sigma Excel)
- Proven ability to engage with business focal points to support strategic discussions and change initiatives
Experience and Background:
- Strong record of delivering and supporting business change, ideally having led Green Belt or Lean projects
- Shared services centre experience and ability to support operational activities such as daily VM huddles and control framework establishment and maintenance
- Preferred background in professional or financial services industry and ability to quickly gain knowledge of tax compliance business
- Ability to get quickly up to speed on our various tax technology offerings as they apply to process improvement
- Direct tax experience is welcome, but is not necessary. Awareness of some basic accounting principles would help the role holder to integrate and learn the tax processes.
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy