PQA Operations Administrator
KPMG Business Services
Service Line Information
We believe working in our People community is an exciting and challenging environment in which to develop your career. We offer a wide range of opportunities across all areas of HR, where our people are highly respected by our clients, not only in the UK, but also across our growing European integrated practice.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Position Title: PQA Operations Administrator (E1 grade)
Department:Professional Qualifications and Accreditations (PQA)
Role Type: 9 month FTC
Hours of Work: 09:00 - 17:00
The Professional Qualifications and Accreditations (PQA) department at KPMG supports all trainees who study for a relevant professional qualification in our Audit, Tax and Advisory business units. Currently PQA are support approximately 3,000 graduates, school leavers and apprentices studying for a number of professional qualifications across the Audit, Tax and Advisory business units.
The PQA Operations team provide support to the wider PQA team as well as the business. The Operations Administrator will be involved in all aspects of delivering the qualifications that PQA deliver, your role will see you assisting with administration processes around qualifications and ensuring our trainees are supported from joining the firm through to qualification. You will be expected to also support the wider PQA team with administration support on a daily basis. You will report to the PQA Operations Manager.
PQA provides first-class support and guidance to the trainee population along with establishing relationships with tuition providers, institutes, heads of department and HR in order to make KPMG’s training environment the best it can be, helping our trainees achieve market leading exam pass rates.
As a PQA Operations Administrator, you will sit across all qualifications that PQA support and support the PQA Operations advisors in ensuring operational excellence is achieved in all you do.
- Your key responsibilities will be:
- support the Manager and Advisors within the PQA team to deliver a high level of client service;
- assist with the administrative elements of the Apprentice, School Leaver and Graduate Induction;
- assist the Operations Manager and wider PQA team on ad hoc project work where appropriate;
- invoice processing;
- exam entry bulk bookings and monitoring;
- accommodation bookings for all qualifications;
- to keep all PQA records updated and accurate;
- report all absentees for all qualifications to PQA Operations advisors;
- to assist on exemptions, training records, annual fees and Institute membership administrative processes;
- to deal with all training contract amendments;
- PQA website maintenance as and when required;
- answering trainee and business operational queries;
- creation and maintenance of necessary distribution lists of heads of department, training contacts, performance managers, department contacts and trainees etc;
- back up of our internal website on a monthly basis;
- booking of travel and accommodation for the wider PQA team;
- organisation of team events, conferences, meetings, to include the booking of meeting room, organisation necessary catering requirements, arrangement of any course materials etc;
- act as an administrative support for the PQA Operations Advisors and Manager.
The ideal candidate needs to be performing at E1 grade level.
The candidate needs to be able to demonstrate:
- the ability to build effective relationships, rapport, trust and mutual respect with our internal and external stakeholders;
- the ability to work within a team environment;
- excellent organisational skills;
- effective listening, communication and questioning skills;
- intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SAP and Outlook;
- excellent administrative skills, proving that they are both organised and flexible with a high attention to detail;
- the ability to manage conflicting work priorities, to work in a busy environment and adapt to change.
- a professional attitude at all times, ensuring that behaviours reflect the stakeholders that you will be in communication with
- punctuality and flexibility on working hours where necessary
This is an E1 grade role that would be ideally suited to either an existing internal E1 grade or an external candidate with a background of working in an administrative environment. The role is a fixed term contract for nine months.
A motivated team player with at least one year administrative experience, a “can-do” and solutions focused attitude, previous project management experience would be an advantage.
Ideally the candidate would be available to commence this role shortly, subject to arrangements with their home department or current employer. The role will be based in our Watford office, though applications from other offices will be considered. Some travel around the KPMG offices will be needed.
Applicants will be required to submit their CV and a set of personal objectives for the role. There will be an interview for the role including a presentation, a role play and competency based questions.
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy