Service Line Information
At KPMG, our vision is to be the clear choice on the future of Audit. In today’s complex and ever-changing business world, we recognise that we need to be one step ahead for our clients - rather than reacting to emerging trends we need to anticipate them by harnessing technology. Our people are integral to this, bringing their natural curiosity, diversity of ideas and perspectives to help deliver client excellence.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Establishing relationships with each of the above will be a critical part of the role and we will ensure a single point of contact has day-to-day responsibility for catch ups and action list and performance management.
Roles and responsibilities:
The main aspect of the role is to support the delivery of the highest quality service for our client through strong project management of continuous work streams and of the audit process. Some key areas of responsibility are listed below:
- Form and pro-actively maintain relationships with key client contacts, in particular the finance team. Proactively contact key contacts to maintain high level of service delivery, acting as the face of KPMG.
- Mapping of all key contacts for the KPMG leadership team to personnel and oversight of opportunities to develop/share relationships (e.g. client entertainment).
- Manage the staff to ensure that they have the supplies, IT, network access, etc. that they require for off-site work across locations.
- Remain visible and available across all grades of team members. Proactively engage with them to understand their progress on actions and how to help them as required.
- Be an instigator to maintain a high morale.
- Manage the UK-FM inbox. Ensure the communications to and from the global team are appropriately handled, and build relationships with the key overseas contacts to enable smooth communication and follow up.
- Track group reporting submissions and ad hoc question responses.
- Maintain contacts and email distribution lists for global audit contacts, including function specialists.
- Write and develop the quarterly team newsletter.
- Complete management of all processes in SAP – codes set up (including client and engagement acceptance process, both for the group and UK companies).
- Working with the engagement team - raising fees and dealing with inter-office debit/credit notes.
- Continuous monitoring of time and costs – assistance with initial budget preparation, tracking actual time and costs to budget and reporting to the management team. Liaise with managers to ensure budget reflects staffing.
- Liaise with the client service team and global KPMG teams as required (at least quarterly) to track audit and non-audit fees.
- Liaison with Global Lead Partner and functional leads to prepare account plan.
- Submit client level budget for the department
- Assist in preparation of blue sky management reporting.
- All of the above to be delivered with effective liaison and communication with key stakeholders.
- Familiarity over the process for the various types of request in order to provide support to the audit team in responding to Sentinel requests during busy periods.
- Prepare independence slides for audit committee meetings pre-read package in conjunction with the manager who owns Sentinel.
- Organise core team meetings and assist with agenda and actions.
- Own the UK-FM calendar, and organise key management meetings
- Initiate team building events
- Coordinate internal and client events as required, including audit post sign off celebrations.
- Help audit team to prepare, send and chase bank confirmations and other third party confirmations
- Other ad hoc tasks
- Be contact point for team to coordinate necessary secretarial duties, but do not necessarily do. Be aware of how to do for the purposes of understanding the team’s needs.
- Organise room bookings for on-site work and ensure connectivity and entrances arranged.
- Assist team during audit busy periods, be proactive in helping with tasks such as scanning, photocopying, printing etc.
- Involvement in the formatting and preparation of all reports that go to the Audit Committee (AC) and other Boards / Committees as necessary.
- Keep up to date on key meeting dates and pre-read deadlines and project manage the planning of key deliverables to ensure timely submission of reports.
- Liaise with CREATE to design innovative reports, bring new ideas to the table.
- Provide management with new ideas on how to make an impact within the business.
- Collaborate with other client coordinators to share and implement best practice.
- Design and produce client contact cards on an annual basis.
- Other ad hoc tasks as they arise.
Qualifications and Skills:
Overall, the candidate should be very personable and able to deal with large teams, comfortable with current technology and quick to learn.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft software including Outlook, Word &, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent knowledge of KPMG software such as SAP, MRM, CRM, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of how to make things happen with the firm – i.e. a good understanding of KPMG processes and a good internal network.
- Creative, fun and innovative.
- Strong coaching and delegation skills.
- Flexible approach to working hours/ job content.
- Strong organisation skills, with the ability to work well without supervision.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership.
- Teamwork - supportive of leaders and co-operative with others.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Excellent communicator - persuasive and diplomatic.
- Ability to network successfully with the client and team.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage heavy workload, prioritising tasks and managing conflicts.
- Commitment to repetitive work.
- Resilient, robust and unflappable character.
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy