Associate, Tax Ignition - Modeling
43900 - 7
Area of Interest:
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate to join our Tax Ignition practice.
· Support team with a variety of data analytic tasks including: data collection/retrieval from source systems, data loading/normalization, testing for accuracy/completeness, analysis/modeling, and reporting/communicating results
· Support large data sets including data in unusual formats, transforming data into a usable form, and aggregating data as needed using a variety of tools
· Assist in developing custom data analysis technology to address client specific problems and provide meaningful insight
· Prepare documentation and analytical reports that effectively summarize and present procedures, assumptions, and conclusions
· Manage a team, interact directly with clients and other resources to obtain relevant data and documents in formats consistent with project objectives and deadlines, review project deliverables, and resolve project issues
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in the following majors with relevant analytics or data management focused coursework: management/accounting information systems, business analytics, information science/management, data analytics, computer science, computer information systems, finance, economics, statistics, accounting, actuarial
· A minimum of one year of experience working with relational databases such as SQL Server (preferred) or Oracle
· Prior experience supporting large data sets, including extraction from source systems, data cleansing and transformations, and providing preliminary descriptive and advanced analytics findings to business challenges
· Excellent organizational, oral and written communications and people skills, attention to detail, able to multi-task, follow through and work independently as well as within a team structure
· Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Ability to travel based on client and business demands
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Theattached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.