Associate, SALT - Income Franchise (CORP)
43881 - 83
Area of Interest:
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate to join ourState and Local Tax (SALT) practice.
· Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax issues including income tax compliance and related research
· Help clients with tax issues related to state and local income and franchise taxes
· Prepare and/or review state income and franchise tax estimated payments, extensions and tax returns
· Assist in handling notices received from state tax authorities
· Research and draft technical memoranda related to state and local tax issues
· A minimum of one year of experience performing tax research, preparing state income tax returns and providing technical advice on multi-state tax issues
· Master's degree from an accredited college/university (or bachelor's degree with requisite hours to pursue CPA certification) or JD/LLM
· Ability to foster relationships both internally as well as with clients
· Excellent writing, compliance, communication, and tax research skills
· Ability and desire to perform in a high-energy team environment
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Theattached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.