Associate, Mergers & Acquisitions
42644 - 64
Area of Interest:
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate to join ourState and Local Tax (SALT) practice.
· Provide excellent client service to multi-state companies with state and local tax issues, including compliance, advisory services, planning, technology, and controversies
· Prepare state sales and use tax returns
· Assist multi-state companies with analyzing state tax considerations/impacts related to business restructuring projects
· Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax controversies, which includes preparing clients for discussions with auditors, representing the client at hearings and at appeal meetings, and preparing protests
· Research and draft technical memoranda regarding state and local tax questions
· Provide assistance on large client project engagements
· A minimum of one year of experience performing tax research and providing technical advice on multi-state tax or federal income tax issues
· Bachelor's degree, J.D., LL.M. in Taxation, and/or Master's in Taxation (MST) from an accredited college/university
· Knowledge of the development, planning, and execution of sales and transactions tax refund claims
· Desire to perform in a high-energy team environment
· Excellent writing, communication, and tax research skills
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Theattached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.