Associate, Data & Analytics Consultant
41436 - 19
Business Support Services
Area of Interest:
Innovate. Collaborate. Shine. Lighthouse – KPMG's Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics – has both applied data science, AI, and big data architecture capabilities. Here, you'll work with a diverse team of sophisticated data and analytics professionals to explore the solutions for clients in a platform-diverse environment. This means your ability to find answers is limited only by your creativity in leveraging a vast array of techniques and tools. Be a part of a high-energy, diverse, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. For you, that translates into the chance to work on a wide range of projects – covering technologies and solutions from AI to optimization – and the power to have a real impact in the business world. So, bring your creativity and pioneering spirit to KPMG Lighthouse.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate Data & Analytics Consultant to join ourKPMG Lighthouse - Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics.
· Help clients understand the broader D&A journey and implications, and participate in the process of design of the solution and the development of the D&A strategy
· Assess, capture, and translate complex business issues and requirements into a structured analytics use case, including rapid learning of industry/domain/client dynamics and development of effective work stream plans
· Participate in work streams within the team by developing, implementing, and testing analytics models and visualizations
· Participate in client and market information gathering through interviews, surveys, workshops, and market research; continuously develop knowledge of emerging technology and analytics techniques
· Understand and articulate technology options available in data management and manipulation, analytics development, requirements, data science options, and preferences for visualizations within sector of knowledge
· Contribute to the successful execution of engagements, by raising risks and working as a strong team member; Support the pursuit of business development opportunities
· Minimum of one year of data analytics experience with a professional services firm, an internal strategy/analytics group, or similar environment; Experience operating in a team environment with high expectations
· Bachelor's degree in a technical or quantitative field from an accredited college or university (Master's or MBA degree is preferred) with working knowledge of topics such as statistics, econometrics, machine learning, operations research, decision science, and cloud computing
· Sector and/or process-specific experience in D&A, including strategy and transformation, design and implementation; Understanding of general landscape for data science and big data opportunities; deep understanding of sector and/or process-specific landscape for opportunities
· Ability to communicate effectively at an analyst level and an emerging ability to communicate at an executive level, across multiple lines of business including IT, analytics and direct business unit
· Strong written and communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts and analytics-driven findings to business people, and to explain business processes, concepts, challenges, and issues to technical resource
· Ability to travel up to eighty percent of the time; Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Theattached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.