Assistant Manager – Corporates – Customer and Digital
Service Line Information
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years.
Our Customer team are highly experienced sector specialists who help organisations, with increasingly complex challenges, to transform the performance of their core operations and supply chains.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Our clients are facing a future of massive disruption driven by regulatory change, customer expectations, new competition and technology innovation. KPMG is expanding its Corporates (telecoms, media, technology, defence and energy) Management Consulting team to help these companies to successfully navigate this disruption and take advantage of new opportunities.
There are four core areas within in the Customer team: Strategy, Experience Design, Transformation and Digital. This role is within our Experience Design practice.
The role as Assistant Manager within the Experience Design part of the Customer and Digital function is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a creative, energetic and rapidly growing team within KPMG.
Typically the role will involve working within workstream or project at a client focussed on improving their employee or customer experience. It’s a client facing role which will generally mean working with clients in their offices from Monday to Thursday each week.
Projects also regularly involve working within a wider a multidisciplinary team with technical, business, data science, business management, finance or IT skills as well.
Alongside the project work there will be opportunities to develop the Customer practice, contribute to sales and take advantage of the extensive training and opportunities working at KPMG brings.
Moreover, working in the team will also give you access to the latest insight from our KPMG Nunwood Customer Experience Excellence Centre.
The Assistant Manager’s key responsibilities will include:
- Working on Experience Design projects to understand, design and transform both customer and employee experiences. This will include
- Capturing and distilling customer/employee insight
- Creating personas
- Building as-is journey maps
- Generating, prioritising and developing opportunities
- Contributing to the design of future experiences
- Prototyping and iterating parts of the journey
- Supporting with workshop design and facilitation
- Liaising with the KPMG graphics team
- Contributing to the running of the UK Design Centre of Excellence and development of the Design practice (this may include team communications, method development etc)
- Supporting the development of proposals
- Keeping up to date with latest trends in Customer Experience
- We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic to join a dynamic and fast growing part of our business, and who will play a key role in delivering Experience Design projects in the UK.
- Comes from a design, internal customer experience or management consulting background.
- Has an understanding of Experience Design
- Has experience of working on projects that have resulted in capturing the understanding of the journey today and redesigning what it will look like in the future
- Ideally comes with experience of working within at least one of the following industries - oil & gas, utilities, retail, telco, FMCG, defence and transport & infrastructure.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in tackling complex assignments, balancing competing priorities and managing multiple stakeholders.
Essential Skills and Experience
More specifically the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following key skills:
- An understanding of the design thinking ethos of human centre design and what makes a good customer experience
- Ability to capture and distil customer insight
- Creative problem solving ability, inquisitive mind-set, comfortable with working in ambiguous situations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver high quality work under time pressure.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands. We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs!
Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams.
Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us.
Applying with a Disability
As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring a great experience for colleagues with a disability. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any adjustments that you may require with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality. We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. KPMG is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic background.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy