Assistant Manager - Audit Quality
Service Line Information
At KPMG, our vision is to be the clear choice on the future of Audit. In today’s complex and ever-changing business world, we recognise that we need to be one step ahead for our clients - rather than reacting to emerging trends we need to anticipate them by harnessing technology. Our people are integral to this, bringing their natural curiosity, diversity of ideas and perspectives to help deliver client excellence.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
We are currently looking for talented professionals to join us at Assistant Manager level in our Watford, London or Birmingham office. Successful candidates would need to be willing to travel for team meetings and collaborative working.
Data & Analytics is the future of audit and the thread that runs through our future plans and the DPP Audit Support Team play a critical role in supporting the effective use of D&A solutions, methodologies and the processes that support the drive to use D&A on audits.
You will be involved in the development of application materials, practical guides and examples and communications on audit technical and quality issues.
This role also includes direct support of the business and audit engagement teams and working on the Audit Helpline.
As a member of DPP Audit Support, you will be working in an environment where strong teamwork, communication and project management skills are key as is the ability to work both collaboratively and independently. You will need a strong understanding of the audit methodology, a strong working knowledge of eAudIT and have relevant experience managing / in-charging audits engagements.
This opportunity provides the right candidate with excellent development opportunities and the chance to play a key role in helping the UK Audit function consistently execute effective, high quality audits.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Build relationships and work collaboratively with other parts of the business, including other member firms and the Global Services Centre (GSC).
- Work in a friendly and quality-focused environment.
- Support teams in all aspects of the firm’s methodology for audits, and play a key part driving improvements in quality.
- Be at the forefront of the firm’s focus on tools and application guidance and templates to drive forward the effective, consistent execution, of high quality audits.
- Develop a leading-edge technical knowledge of our audit technology and solutions, including skills in emerging areas of audit methodology and D&A.
Application guidance and Methodology
- Drafting and preparing new application materials, Briefings, workpapers and examples related to various audit technical focus areas as part of the overall quality agenda and the AQTP standardisation and simplification workstreams to support consistent execution of high quality audits.
- Working with others in the team and in ACE to respond to emerging quality issues and changes in relevant laws and standards; developing appropriate practical solutions that enable teams to consistently execute their audits
- Involvement in some of the key strategic change management activities currently being undertaken at a Global and
- Updating application materials as required and maintaining appropriate content
- Assisting with the annual update of KAM-UK, the associated mandatory workpapers, and updates to application materials (annual refresh and ongoing maintenance)
- Supporting the technical lead and working with learning professionals to develop audit technical learning material, utilising the guidance and examples developed
- Supporting Focus Area Leads in the day to-day activities of projects.
- Taking ownership of delegated core activities within projects and seeing them through to completion.
- Working within the project team to ensure all work streams/team members are updated with progress/issues on a regular basis and the impact of any planned changes can be effectively managed.
DPP Audit Helpline
- Discussing issues with audit teams and answering queries, drafting appropriate responses (having consulted with other members of the team, where necessary) and providing them with guidance to perform an effective and high quality audit.
- Working on other focus areas as required.
Experience and Background:
- Recent and extensive external audit experience within a Big 4 or mid-tier firm.
- Good technical knowledge and understanding of Auditing Standards and our audit methodology
- Strong knowledge of KAM and eAudIT.
- Experience of in-charging audits or projects, including leading teams on a day to day basis and being the first point of contact for clients (internal or external)
- Experience with developing and delivering audit technical learning material
Qualifications and Skills:
- Fully ACCA/ACA qualified or international equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Effective upward management and cross-team communication.
- Excellence in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Multiple positions available
Opening Date : 01/11/2018
Closing Date: 29/11/2018
Salary: Competitive plus negotiable bonus and benefits
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy